TRAVEL ACCESSORY THAT COULD JUST SAVE YOUR LIFE Friday 1 June 2007 PDF Print This summer’s must-have travel accessory could end up saving your life and the lives of members of your family. Coventry-based FireAngel, who produce high technology safety products such as smoke alarms and fire protection devices, have developed portable carbon monoxide alarms small enough to fit into hand luggage with prices starting from as little as £19.99. The issue of the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels abroad hit the headlines in October last year when a seven-year-old girl and a six-year-old boy were found dead in a room in Corfu. The British brother and sister had been poisoned by a gas boiler next to their room. More recently the effects of carbon monoxide has been reported in caravans as well as boats. Since the tragedy hundreds of people have enquired about portable carbon monoxide detectors to take on holiday. FireAngel, produce a range of detectors including a battery operated digital carbon monoxide poisonous gas alarm and a non-digital version both of which can easily be taken on holiday in the UK or abroad. The products are independently tested to British and European Standards and are available at most leading retailers including B&Q, Boots, Mothercare, Focus, Homebase, Tesco and Waitrose. John Walsh MD said: “With our products tourists can relax and enjoy their holidays without worry. "You can not see, smell or taste Carbon Monoxide but it's a killer. The symptoms are also very vague - headaches, tiredness and nausea - things that would make you just go to bed but it's important to get outside and get fresh air in these circumstances." “Travellers should not panic as the vast majority of holiday accommodation home and abroad maintain high standards of safety and have rigorous testing, but we are offering a little more peace of mind to British holiday-makers.” Carbon Monoxide comes from a number of sources including gas appliances, wood-burning stoves, butane or propane appliances and exhaust fumes from petrol and diesel engines in close proximity to properties. Most cases of carbon monoxide poisoning are due to inadequate ventilation, blocked or leaky flues or poor maintenance of heating appliances. For more information visit www.fireangel.co.uk. Editor’s Note: For further information contact Century Public Relations (Tel: 024 7622 8881). 103/FIREANGEL/050407 This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Century PR in the following categories: Health, Travel, for more information visit http://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.