NO SPRINGS ATTACHED: Introducing the world's safest trampoline from Rainbow Play Systems Friday 18 January 2008 PDF Print We all know owning a trampoline can have a great deal of advantages: - Fitness and health benefits - Helps to develop visual orientation and balance - Gets children away from passive pursuits like games consoles and into the garden. But we also know of the dangers associated with conventional trampolines: - A child may jump onto the frame or the springs - The steel frames are dangerously close to the jumping surface - It can be quite easy to fall off entirely Trampolines have been with us for almost 70 years. As their popularity has increased, so have the injury statistics. If a child were to fall from 1.5m and strike their head on the padded frame of a conventional trampoline they would have a 99% chance of a fractured tooth or broken nose, and a 90% chance of something worse. So what should well meaning parents do? Stop their kid’s trampolining and reduce their activity levels? Until recently the solution to managing impact risks has been to supply add-on padding, rigid-pole barriers and a profusion of warnings. However, the best way to remove hazards is to design them out completely. This is what SpringFree Trampolines did. They went back to the drawing board to completely re-design the traditional concept of the trampoline taking away the four main danger zones that people injure themselves on: - No steel frames - No springs - No chance of falling off - No injury from rigid steel enclosure poles By removing the springs and frame from the same plane as the jumping surface and adding a flexible enclosure, Springfree Trampoline has eliminated the impact areas that cause 83% of all trampoline injuries. The remaining 17% of recorded trampoline injuries requiring hospitalisation are caused by jumper collision. This means Springfree Trampoline has effectively removed the risk of equipment induced injury making the SpringFree Trampoline the safest in the world. So if you’re planning to buy a trampoline this summer, then make sure it is a SpringFree from Rainbow Play Systems. Notes to Editors: Rainbow Play Systems Ltd. was launched in 1996 at Hillier Garden Centre near Windlesham, Surrey. Over the last 11 years they have grown substantially and now have 7 show sites in 6 counties across the UK, up to 5 teams of installers and a substantial support network devoted to supporting the customer in whatever way they can. They pride themselves on offering an outstanding level of customer service to match the outstanding quality of the Rainbow product range including climbing frames, playhouses, big playsets and the SpringFree Trampoline. Show-site Locations: Bridgemere, Cheshire Horsham, Sussex Peterborough, Cambs. Rugby, Warwicks. St Albans, Herts Wilmslow, Cheshire Windlesham, Surrey For more information about the SpringFree Trampoline an accompanying Whitepaper is available upon request that contains more technical information and background statistics on trampoline injuries. Contact: Jayna Makwana, 01353 860999, firstname.lastname@example.org This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Atom Media & PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Sport, for more information visit http://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.