Ask any secondary school student what sort of job they think they could do if they spoke a foreign language and most will answer ‘teacher’, or ‘translator’. However, a recent project undertaken by Euro London. Appointments, a multi-lingual recruitment specialist, with students from Lambeth Academy, a secondary school which has had Government funding to become a specialist language academy, has highlighted an interesting array of potential career options.
The project is part of the Business Language Champion Scheme which aims to partner private sector organisations with schools to promote the advantages of language learning at GCSE level and beyond. Euro London Appointments hosted two half day sessions for a group of Year 10 students to show them just what was possible with additional languages, and gave ten examples of positions that they have recruited for their clients:
· VIDEO GAMES TESTER – Playing video games to test that the games say the right words in the right language when they need to!
· PRIVATE JET SALES EXECUTIVE – Selling private jets or fractional ownership of a private jet to high net worth individuals throughout Europe.
· FOOTBALL ANALYST – Watching and analysing the latest European football matches and producing reports on the failures and successes of the team. These are passed onto traders to aid investors in betting more successfully.
· INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENT MANAGER - Working for a large international company to help colleagues relocate from country to country. You organise a place to live, schooling if there are any children involved, removals etc.
· LUXURY YACHT SALES MANAGER – Selling yearly memberships to “high net worth individuals “ who want to be charted on a route around the world on their private yacht and waited on by their own staff.
· TOUR ORGANISER – Organising tours for pop bands around Europe, organising and booking venues and general diary and transport management.
· ART EDITOR – Editor and designer for a large internal magazine for a global bank.
· JOURNALIST – Uncovering the latest scoop on international financial trends and reporting on the information for a financial magazine.
· PRESS CONFERENCE ASSISTANT - Interpreting for Arsenal FC Manager Arsene Wenger and Jose Antonio Reyes for Champions League Fixtures in Spain.
· RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT – Interviewing multilingual job seekers in sectors such as marketing, finance, law, IT etc and liaising with organisations looking to secure multilingual talent. In Euro London’s West End office, their recruiters speak the following languages : French, German, Italian, Spanish, Slovak, Hungarian, Latvian, Russian, and Polish!
Talking about the project, Ennelyn Schmidt who is the Director of Specialism for Lambeth Academy said “This is a massively important link for Lambeth Academy and falls directly into my vision for our school. The learning outcome from this is immense for our students.”
Rebecca Peake of Euro London Appointments who co-ordinated the project said: “The Business Language Champion project is just one of a number of schemes we are involved with – we see ourselves very much as ambassadors for language learning. With more and more companies operating in a global workplace, customers can be based almost anywhere in the world. Consequently language skills are becoming increasingly important. The more we can do to encourage language learning in the UK, the better prepared our business leaders of tomorrow will be”.
Tel: 0845 130 8291
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of BlueSky Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, Education & Human Resources. For more information visit http://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.