Death of the Permanent Job - Record rise in limited companies Wednesday 12 January 2011 PDF Print SJD Accountancy have seen an unprecedented 70% rise in the number of contractors coming into the market and going limited. SJD manage the tax affairs of over 10,000 limited companies put the increase down to factors including ongoing pressure to cut costs and remove permanent headcount in the private sector. According to figures from YouGov, around a third of the UK workforce would like to create their own company. Unemployment, graduates struggling to secure jobs, the virtual demise of final salary pensions, job security and zero percentage wage rises, is pushing many people’s hands. Simon Dolan managing director of SJD Accountancy comments, “Historically, the contractor and freelancer market has been dominated by IT contractors. However, in the past few years there has been a shift in that we are seeing many traditionally permanent job roles being converted into contract positions including HR, sales, marketing, healthcare and engineering. Currently, nearly 50% of all new clients are from sectors outside of IT. With permanent jobs no longer making people feel secure within their roles, we feel the future will see a lot more people wanting to take back control by contracting or setting up their own company, as has been shown throughout 2010”. For more information on contracting visit: www.sjdaccountancy.com/information/benefits_advantages_contr... for a full breakdown. And most importantly, in a recent survey 98% of their clients rated SJD Accountancy as 'better than other accountants' - and they are working hard to convince the other 2%! Further information Contact: Jaime Thorpe Tel: 0500 152500 / 01442 275789 Website: www.sjdaccountancy.com Email: Jaime.firstname.lastname@example.org This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of SJD Accountancy in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit http://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.