Contractors given a helping hand to demystify Tax Friday 18 February 2011 PDF Print SJD Accountancy, the UK’s largest accountants for contractors with more than 10,000 limited company contractor clients, first launched its ‘Contractor Tax Calculator’ back in December 2009. Since the launch of this free handy little tax calculator app over 11,000 downloads have been made, the app has been ranked in the top 100 finance applications of the year, and it was most recently featured in ‘Exchange’ Orange telecom’s business customer magazine. Two years on SJD Accountancy have re-vamped, upgraded and re-launched this clever app. The free to download Contractor Tax Calculator iPhone application helps contractors to work out what tax might be due for any given daily rate. The upgrade allows users to vary the length of time for any given contract and also arrange a free meeting to discuss their contracting and tax plans. With the record levels of permanent job cuts and drive for companies to use contract and temporary workers, it’s no surprise the tax calculator has been so popular. Going limited, becoming a contractor and managing your tax affairs can be a daunting thought, however with the help of a good accountant it needed be too stressful. SJD Accountancy has extensive advice on their website about becoming a contractor, tax and career advice to help make the move from the world of the permanently employed to contracting as smooth as possible. To download this application, or get the upgrade, contractors can visit the SJD Accountancy ‘iPhone Contractor Tax Calculator’ page: http://www.sjdaccountancy.com/about/resources/contractor_tax... Or search for ‘Contractor Calculator’ on their iPhone in the App Store. SJD Accountancy is also planning on launching the app on both Android phones and iPads. ____________End____________ About SJD Accountancy SJD Accountancy is the UK's largest specialist provider of fixed fee, limited company accountancy services to contractors, freelancers and Small Businesses. It is the only national specialist firm of accountants with offices in all major cities, and is the chosen accountancy firm for more than 10,000 clients. SJD Accountancy has been acting for contractors and small businesses since 1992 and is the most recommended accountancy firm on the Internet. It has more qualified staff than any other specialist firm, with qualifications covering the major Tax and Accountancy bodies, including ATII, ATT, ACCA, CA, ACA, FCCA, ACMA. SJD Accountancy offers a complete package including completion of accounts, payroll bureau, dividends, corporation tax computations, personal taxation and all company returns. On top of all that, SJD Accountancy has also won every relevant industry award possible, including: • ‘Small Firm of the Year’ - Winner Accountancy Age 2007 & 2004 • 'Best Accountant for Contractors' - Contractor UK 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 & 2006 • ‘Best use of Internet’- Finalist Accountancy Age Awards 2008 • 'Santander Small to Medium Business of the Year' - Finalist National Business Awards 2010 • ‘Excellence in Customer Services’ - Finalists National Customer Service Awards 2009 • ‘Business of the Year’ - Finalists National Chamber of Commerce Awards 2008 • 'Extraordinary Three Star Status' - Sunday Times Best Companies Accreditation 2009 - 2007 • ‘Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For’ - Award 2009 - 2007 And most importantly, in a recent survey 98% of their clients rated SJD Accountancy as 'better than other accountants' - and they are working hard to convince the other 2%! Further information Contact: Michelle Turbutt Tel: 0500 152500 / 01442 275789 Email: Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org www.sjdaccountancy.com This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of SJD Accountancy in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit http://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.