trnd secures additional investment from its shareholder Gruner + Jahr (Bertelsmann Group) Tuesday 19 January 2016 PDF Print Collaborative Marketing company, trnd, has secured additional investment from its shareholder Gruner + Jahr of the Bertelsmann Group, which will increase its trnd shareholding from 50 percent to 75 percent. This increase in shares will enable trnd to intensify their work on shaping the future of marketing and to further invest in growth. LONDON – January 19, 2016 – trnd, Europe’s pioneering Collaborative Marketing company, secures additional support from its shareholder Gruner + Jahr (Bertelsmann group). Gruner + Jahr will increase its shares in the company from 50 percent to 75 percent. The trnd founders will retain the remaining 25 percent of shares and will remain on the board. trnd will continue to operate as an independent company with no changes to its European offices and existing employees. The London office will continue to be led by Paul Mitchell and Rebekah Mackay Miller. trnd enables brands and companies to activate the hidden powers of large consumer groups to be used profitably in marketing by working with them at eye level – be it to generate awareness for brands and products via Word-of-Mouth and Online Buzz, stimulate User Generated Content or help develop new products through Real-life Market Research and Co-Creation. trnd‘s branded community platform, the trndsphere™ Collaborative Marketing Suite, provides the technology to power its campaigns. Acting as an invisible layer between your consumers and CRM, trndsphereTM connects the dots between your rich data and real people – your consumers. A growing number of consumer goods companies have integrated trndsphere™ into their existing CRM programs. trnd manages the collaboration with more than 5.5 million consumers in 19 countries on trndsphere™ platforms for companies like Procter & Gamble, Henkel, Nestlé, Philips, Samsung, SCA, L'Oréal, Beiersdorf and Unilever. Rebekah Mackay Miller, joint Managing Director of trnd UK: “As one of the younger trnd offices, the additional engagement of the Bertelsmann Group allows us to focus on continuing to grow Collaborative Marketing in the UK. The flexibility we have as an independently operated company means we can continue to develop campaigns for our customers that truly tap into the power of their biggest resource, the people that buy their products. We’re really excited for the year ahead.” Torsten Wohlrab, CEO of trnd International: “In the last two years we had the chance to get to know the Gruner + Jahr team and the Bertelsmann Group as ideal partner for trnd. We are very happy that they will increase their engagement in trnd now.” Arne Wolter, Chief Digital Officer at Gruner + Jahr: “With trnd‘s Collaborative Marketing formats and their software platform, we are able to offer marketers additional and highly effective channels. Even very specific target groups can be reached directly and activated as co-marketers. We are very happy to support trnd in their future work revolutionizing the world of marketing!” For more information contact: trnd UK Sofia Asknert Phone: +44 (0) 203 457 2303 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.trnd.com/company About trnd trnd is Europe's leading company for Collaborative Marketing. trnd enables brands and companies to activate the hidden powers of large consumer groups to be used profitably in marketing – be it to generate awareness for brands and products via Word-of-Mouth and Online Buzz, stimulate User Generated Content enriching Content Marketing, or help develop new products through Co-Creation. Founded in 2005, trnd employs a team of more than 200, who up to date have managed over 1,000 collaborative marketing campaigns in 19 European markets: UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Finland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Greece and Turkey. For more information about trnd, go to www.trnd.com/company About Gruner + Jahr / Bertelsmann Group Gruner + Jahr is Europe’s leading publishing house and stands for self-contained, credible and independent content of the highest quality. Gruner + Jahr reaches readers and users in more than 20 countries with its more than 500 media activities, magazines and digital offerings. G+J is one of the world’s most international publishing companies, 49 percent of G+J’s revenue is generated outside Germany. More than 8,000 people work at Gruner + Jahr. Gruner + Jahr is part of the Bertelsmann group of companies. For more information go to www.guj.com This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Carrot Communications in the following categories: Business & Finance, Media & Marketing, for more information visit http://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.