• 69% of Brits can’t go on holiday without using their mobile
• Over a third use their smartphones more when they travel than at home
• 1 in 4 feel insecure and isolated if they lose their phone while travelling
• Smartphone overtakes laptop as must have business trip accessory
• Less than half of Brits are aware of European caps on roaming charges
• British travellers more likely to check the weather than social media and least likely to photograph their food.
LONDON, UK, 24th October 2014 – The Expedia® and Egencia® Mobile Index has highlighted the growing importance British travellers place on their mobile devices, coupled with a strong anxiety of losing them while away. The ‘2014 Expedia® and Egencia® Mobile Index’, a global study of mobile-device-related behaviour among travellers, shows that 89% of Brits take one or more mobile devices on holiday, with 69% using their mobile for the duration of their trip.