Skip nav

The London Ex- Boxers Association
Under the patronage of Capital & Counties Properties PLC
And in conjunction with The City of Westminster
Announce the unveiling of a Green Plaque
Commemorating the historic significance of
43 KING STREET, COVENT GARDEN, LONDON, WC1
Once known as;
THE NATIONAL SPORTING CLUB
March 1891 to October 1929

Which under the direction of its President
Hugh Cecil Lowther, the Rt. Hon 5th Earl of Lonsdale,
And Co-Founders Arthur 'Peggy' Bettinson, & John Fleming,

Became;

THE HOME OF BOXING

The ceremony of unveiling will be carried out on 12 Oct 2015 at 2:00pm by
Hugh Lowther, Rt. Hon. 8th Earl of Lonsdale
In the presence of;
Councillor Steve Summers,
Cabinet Member for Sports,
Leisure and Customer Services, City of Westminster.
&
The descendants of those that boxed at the NSC.
...

Read full release