Products Provide Customers Enhanced Interoperability,
Integration, Security and Increased Support of Industry Standards
LONDON, UK - 17 January, 2001 - Offering suppliers, buyers and marketplaces increased integration, interoperability and security, Requisite Technology, Inc., today announced the availability of BugsEye 3.0, the company’s patented finding engine, and eMerge 3.0, its catalogue content management system. Requisite’s products and services are deployed in more than 15 countries, supporting 13 languages including key European languages and Japanese.
Requisite’s Unifying Structure (RUS) - the company’s standard for organising catalogue content - bundled with its content creation services, and the BugsEye and eMerge products provide customers with a platform optimised for the creation, organisation and finding of commerce-quality content on the Web. Requisite’s 3.0 platform supports leading business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce industry categorisation standards such as UNSPSC* and eCl@ss*, and interoperability standards such as cXML*, xCBL*, CIF* and BMEcat, a European e-commerce standard.
"Version 3.0 of our powerful content management platform enables suppliers to differentiate their catalogues and for buyers to find the products they need," said Mike Neal, chief technology officer of Requisite Technology. "Our products and services establish a catalogue content management platform interoperable with industry leading e-procurement and marketplace systems across the supply chain."
BugsEye 3.0 New Product Features:
- Enhanced Integration: The BugsEye software is embedded in or can be integrated with leading e-commerce platforms from Oracle, SAP, and Ariba. Other features include a product request button for finding products not currently listed in a catalogue and an attribute server connector that allows real-time information to be extracted from outboard systems.
- Increased Usability: Users now have the ability to auto-generate a table of contents from a UNSPSC hierarchy containing only those categories that include items. The BugsEye software also has an improved and updated overall user interface, as well as shopping cart enhancements including automatic quantity update and the ability to return to the shopping cart from an item details page.
- Greater Automation: The BugsEye software now includes an automatically generated table of contents, as well as a new automated scheduler feature, which allows for an executed action to be initiated at any designated time.
Enhanced Security: The BugsEye software now supports Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Web server security and other OEM security features.
eMerge 3.0 New Product Features:
- Standards Support: The eMerge 3.0 software supports a broader range of industry and international categorisation standards including UNSPSC, eCl@ss, and interoperability standards such as cXML, xCBL, CIF and BMEcat.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Enhancements: Added features include image QA and a report wizard offering users an interface to produce custom reports from select attributes.
- Greater Automation: Advanced workflow and role-based approval allow users to manage complex approval processes and assign multiple users. The scheduling interface automatically executes load, extract, report, sweep and rebuild view actions based on times designated by the user.
- Usability: The eMerge 3.0 software boasts an improved and updated user interface, which includes a new rules management tab for catalogue administrator and an improved interface that allows users to follow step-by-step instructions to set business rules and build reports on e-catalogue product data.
About Requisite Technology Ltd
Requisite Technology's complete, integrated technology spans the crucial elements of a total e-catalogue content solution: e-content creation, management and finding. Requisite's eMerge tools and services improve and unify content from a variety of sources to create consistently classified electronic catalogues for buyers, suppliers and marketplaces. The patented BugsEye finding engine allows desktop users to find what they need, using intuitive, common language requests. Headquartered in Westminster, Colorado, with operations in Toronto and London, Requisite's solutions are deployed on desktops in more than 15 countries. Find out more at http://www.requisite.com
For more information contact:
The Weber Group Europe
Laura Bicknell/Joanna Higgs
+44 (0)20 7240 6189
Requisite Technology, Requisite’s Unifying Structure (RUS), BugsEye and eMerge are trademarks of Requisite Technology, Inc. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corp. SAP and mySAP.com are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG. All other trademarks, products or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
*UNSPSC: (Universal Standard Product and Service Code). A global standard for classifying products and services for use in e-procurement systems and global e-marketplaces. ECCMA, the governing body that oversees the code is responsible for ensuring that the UNSPSC develops in a way that is universally consistent.
*eCl@ss: A standard for information exchange between suppliers and their customers. eCl@ss is characterised by a 4-level hierarchical classification system with a key-word register of 12,000 words. eCl@ss maps market structure for industrial buyers and supports engineers in development, planning and maintenance.
*cXML (Commerce XML): The vision behind cXML is to provide a simple, XML based protocol between entities wishing to engage in Business-to-Business eCommerce transactions over the Internet. cXML is a set of lightweight XML Document Type Definitions, based on the World Wide Web Consortium’s XML standard, defining standard business documents such as: Order Definitions or Catalogue Definitions.
*xCBL: An open set of XML documents creates a way for suppliers, buyers, manufacturers, and e-marketplaces to exchange a wide range of product catalogue information.
*CIF (Catalogue Interchange Format): A lightweight, open, and standards-based specification for communicating catalogue information between selling and buying organisations. It is a public domain specification in use by many corporations of all sizes to exchange contract information regarding product and service offerings.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Golin in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.