Business Web Factory "future-proofs" e-business investments,
reduces costs, expands reach and enables dynamic change
London, January 29, 2001 - Bowstreet (www.bowstreet.com), a leading provider of software infrastructure for the creation, integration and management of a new class of dynamic e-business applications composed of plug-and-play web services, today announced version 3.0 of the Bowstreet Business Web Factory. The Business Web Factory 3 will enable companies to seamlessly manage diverse e-business projects, such as partner extranets, employee self-service intranets, enterprise information portals and supply chain integration, converging them under a single, integrated business webs approach.
The newest version of Bowstreet’s Business Web Factory comes at an opportune time, as enterprises begin to fully recognise and appreciate how plug-and-play web services - web-native application components - can and will dramatically affect virtually all of their e-business undertakings. "Yesterday’s new economy was about speed to market at any cost. Today’s ‘sensibility economy’ is about making smart, strategic e-business investments that propel business forward while leveraging existing assets and best-of-class technologies," said Bob Crowley, president and CEO of Bowstreet. "From the product’s inception in 1999, the Bowstreet Business Web Factory has been designed from the ground up to meet the needs of a web services environment".
The vendor-neutral Business Web Factory consumes any vendor’s web services and uses open standards including XML, SOAP, XAML, and DSML to deliver significant, measurable Total Cost of Ownership savings across diverse e-business initiatives. The Business Web Factory’s unique parametric change-automation technology allows companies to rapidly change and expand web applications in response to new business demands. Further, the Business Web Factory allows programming components to be re-used among a variety of IT initiatives, thereby reducing cost and complexity while speeding time-to-market of each subsequent development project. Unlike hard-wired solutions, Bowstreet’s Business Web Factory provides a platform of "guaranteed flexibility" that transforms a rigid IT infrastructure into a supple, malleable business web.
"With the Bowstreet Business Web Factory 3, we approach the Holy Grail of pure plug-and-play e-commerce development," said Gene Ostrovsky, executive vice president of The Thread, a leading provider of web-enabled supply chain functionality for the apparel, footwear and related industries. "We are now able to provide our customers with even richer business web experience, while greatly improving the productivity and effectiveness of our application developers and testers."
Web services "warehouse" and wireless support highlight new enhancements
"With every enhancement, we’ve anticipated a customer requirement or answered a pressing industry need," explained Rose O’Donnell, Bowstreet’s vice president of engineering. "The Bowstreet Business Web Factory 3 strikes at the heart of companies’ most fundamental business problems by providing a way to integrate and execute sensible e-business initiatives."
Brand new enhancements to the Business Web Factory enable non-technical business people to:
- Point and click to harness software components like enterprise Java Beans, Java Server Pages, COM components, Active Server Pages, SOAP-based services, and Microsoft .NET services, then deploy them in business webs;
- Select desired web service components from a "warehouse" and then extend the resulting business webs to partners and customers to create instant online business-to-business relationships on any web-connected device, including wireless devices;
- Deploy business webs onto any wireless device, including cell phones, pagers, PDAs and more. Wireless users will be able to receive data and services that are more targeted, flexible and current than available through the standard approach of deploying content from monolithic, hard-wired applications;
- Graphically depict business webs for faster, easier, richer development;
- Enable multiple business managers to simultaneously customise the same business web, and enable single business managers to simultaneously customise multiple business webs;
IT staff can:
- Use leading commercial or proprietary security management systems, such as those from Netegrity and Securant, as an alternative to LDAP directories, to provide fine-grained access control to web services and business webs;
- Monitor their business webs with standards-based network monitoring tools from BMC, Computer Associates, HP and Tivoli;
- Cluster Bowstreet Business Web Factory servers to provide full failover protection and let administrators control them as a logical whole with common properties and shared user session data;
- Plug the Bowstreet Business Web Factory 3 into integrated development environments (IDEs), beginning with Inprise’s JBuilder.
Packaging, pricing and availability
The Bowstreet Business Web Factory 3 will be available February 5, 2001 through Bowstreet’s direct sales force and selected system integrators. Please contact email@example.com for pricing and licensing information.
The Bowstreet Business Web Factory runs on the Sun Solaris, Microsoft Windows NT and Microsoft Windows 2000 server operating systems. It requires one of these directory services: Netscape Directory Server or Novell NDS.
Bowstreet is one of the first companies focused exclusively on creating the software breakthroughs required to support business webs - the emerging model for companies in the digital economy. Bowstreet provides one of the industry’s first business web platforms - the software infrastructure for the creation, integration and management of a new class of dynamic applications composed of plug-and-play web services. Unlike hard-wired solutions, Bowstreet’s Business Web Factory platform was designed from the ground up to be totally vendor-neutral, employing highly innovative, parametric change-automation technology. With Bowstreet’s Business Web Factory, technologists can design massively customisable business web applications that empower business people to expand their business web relationships instantly. For more information, visit http://www.bowstreet.com
or call 781-586-7100.
Bowstreet is a trademark of Bowstreet, Inc. All other company names and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.
+44 20 7556 7009
Stella Couch / Nick Craven
+44 20 7959 5400
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Metia LTD (formally Write Image Ltd) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.