CMP Europe uses same marketing technologies to create launch event as the ones the event will promote.
London: xx February 2001: For the first time in the exhibition industry, an event has been designed and launched by the very technologies it promotes. Technology For Marketing (13th & 14th February 2001, Olympia2, London), has created its own marketing campaign with the information & communications technologies on offer at the show. The event itself will showcase the technologies marketers & line of managers need to better understand, target, interact and reach their customer.
Marketers increasingly rely on information and communications technology to help them target and segment their customers. This is also true for the Technology For Marketing marketing team, headed up by Zahoor Ahmed, Marketing Manager. Many of the technologies that will be exhibited have contributed to the company's own success in marketing the show.
'We are living proof of our promotional messages. These products have been invaluable in helping create a high level of interest in the marketing community,' declares marketing manager Zahoor Ahmed. 'Technology is part of the marketing process, and without it you can't do your job effectively,' Ahmed continues. 'Besides targeting your customer you need to be able to reach, understand and interact with them, and for this you need to use every available tool.'
A number of tools were utilised for the campaign, including:
- Data profiling: Software was used extensively in the initial direct mail and emailing activity for the event, with an opt out clause as mandatory. A closed loop model helped analyse the response from prospective visitors in terms of name and address, areas of interest and other relevant information.
- Online: An extensive online campaign delivered nearly three quarters of a million emails, and most recipients will see the advanced HTML format. This is more effective than simple text because it includes visual branding, and is preferred by high profile sites such as Lastminute and Hotmail. However its use on this scale by CMP is a first in the events industry.
'Response feedback suggests that people prefer this format,' Ahmed says. 'And as well as being cost-effective, it demonstrates the technology we are promoting and shows the way forward.'
- Outbound telemarketing: To maximise conversion in the run up to the show the company proposes to pull out the stops by utilizing outbound telemarketing. In the meantime CTS, its registration and fulfilment partner, relies heavily on advanced telephony systems to record visitors' details and send out tickets and badges.
- M-Commerce: The registration call centre also links with the Technology For Marketing Web site, enabling those who want a seat at the conference to pay online by credit card and register for free entry into the event.
- Extranet: The extranet enables exhibitors to offer a branded profile of their products & services via the web. As well as a link to their Web site, there is also a link for visitors to book an appointment with exhibitors.
- Search Engines: ‘Visit Wizard’, an intelligent search engine that was developed for CMP, will pull out a list of suppliers of products and services the visitor is interested in is one handy device on the event website. This is backed by software which can download any details of events at the show directly to an electronic scheduler.
'All you do is push a button and it transfers automatically,' says Ahmed. Any tool that saves time for visitors and help them plan for a productive visit helps boosts conversion, he points out.
- WAP: This technology has had a mixed press, but CPM has built mobile phone portals for other events and may do so here also. Before the show it expects to make heavy use of SMS messaging, a channel which has taken off in the past twelve months.
In the future Ahmed sees an ever-wider range of marketing applications and similar technologies to be used in developing all CMP events. ‘These marketing applications have helped to make Technology for Marketing an extremely successful show, as the number of people pre-registering for the event has been phenomenal,’ he says.
Notes to Editors
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd. has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful events and publications in the UK include Computer Telephony Europe magazine and Networks telecom, Webcom, GIS and Call Centre Expo events.
CMP Europe Ltd is a leading provider of business to business marketing services and information to the hi-tech markets of IT, electronics and games. The expanding range of events, publications and on-line services benefit from CMP’s strong industry focus and, as part of CMP Media Inc, a unique global and regional reach. CMP Europe was formerly the IT, electronics and games interests of Miller Freeman UK. Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com
CMP Media Inc. http://www.cmp.com
is part of United Business Media plc, formally United News & Media plc. Further information can be found at http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 020 8987 7704,
Senior PR Manager,
Tel: 0208 987 7617;
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Europe Events in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.