And is moving to Wembley!
Technology For Marketing (TFM), the launch event which ran from 13 - 14 February at Olympia 2, featured over 90 of the industry’s leading players, and attracted over 3400 (1) attendees during the 2 day event. It was so successful amongst exhibitors that 113% of the floor space for this year’s event has been booked into TFM 2002 before the launch event even had closed. TFM has also announced the relocation of TFM 2002 to run at Wembley Conference and Exhibition Centre, London, which is well known to the visiting marketing community.
The onsite statistics prove (2) the majority of the visitors were from a non-technical background and 64% of attendees were made up from manager level or above, including CEO’s and board directors. Uniquely, Technology For Marketing also included 11% IT & Telecommunications attendees in its visitor mix.
TFM welcomed 78% line of business attendees, whose areas of interest included:
- Databases 47%
- E-Marketing 42%
- CRM 36%
- Web/Internet Marketing 36%
- Call Centres 17%
Attendees to TFM were there to do real business, with 35% of visitors attending the event for buying/implementing/upgrading purposes, and over 36% attending to source suppliers and producing specialists.
Many key exhibitors used the show as a platform to launch new products and services, these included:
- Clickstream used TFM as the platform to launch itself as a company to the marketing industry.
- MINEit Software launched Easyminer 1.5, the software enables companies to leverage on-line customer data, in turn optimising e-business sites for maximum commercial impact.
- Data Solutions used Technology For Marketing to launch eaddress a fast and accurate international address verification system.
- The Data Processing Company launched there new version of Zipcounts, a programme used for the analysis of data.
- US company Aprimo launched Aprimo Marketing 4.0, a web-based software solution that provides marketers unprecedented insight into both customer and operational information.
- Craig Smith, editor of Marketing magazine, chaired a packed keynote session that covered all of the latest issues affecting the marketing industry.
The success of the show was also reflected in the response of the exhibitors themselves, through the re-booking figures and comments they made about the show:
- Paul Mitchinson, e-Intelligence Programme Manager for SAS commented, “CMP have done an excellent job of producing TFM…One of the better exhibitions for addressing business issues which should drive IT strategy.”
- “Excellent launch platform for us, definitely our perfect audience – have already booked for next year!” said George Watt, Chief Operating Officer for Clickstream Technology plc.
- Paul Tareett, MD of Avoca Communications added, “Great Show, able to meet business customers with real needs. Excellent focus, every discussion was relevant and full of future potential.”
Mark Snell, Portfolio Director said, “The extremely high calibre of attendees, the strong, focussed line-up of exhibitors and the successful educational conference programme undeniably resulted in the most successful launch event ever in the marketing event calendar. This combined with the move to Wembley next year will ensure that TFM will be a major fixture in the marketing, IT and exhibition industry.”
Hewson Consulting hosted the Advice Centre and offered free consultation to hundreds of attendees. Nick Sirangher from Hewson commented, “There is clearly a thirst for an enhanced understanding of how good technology can support good business practise. Those managers attending the Advice Centre were most interested in how to apply technology & not just interested in technology for technologists sake.”
Both the seminar and conference programmes proved to be extremely successful, with over 450 sessions booked. The conference programme concentrated on in-depth end-user case study led sessions, from companies such as Royal Bank of Scotland, Xerox, Co-Op and Guinness. The seminar programme focussed on introducing marketing related technologies on a more basic level in comparison, which proved to be extremely popular with attendees to the show. Covering a range of subject areas from CRM to Mobile marketing and Data Mining many of the sessions were full to capacity on both days of the show.
With such a successful launch, an even bigger show is set to run for 2002, on the 12-13 February 2002 at Wembley Conference and Exhibition Centre. The move to Wembley, well known to the visiting marketing community, will support Technology For Marketing 2002, the event that sets the standard and leads the industry for marketing-related technology events.
Notes to Editors
(1) These are raw onsite statistics that are subject to independent verification by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC). Adjustments may be made to the final audited attendance.
(2) All figures within this paragraph are raw onsite statistics that are subject to independent verification by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC). Adjustments may be made to the final audited attendance.
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd. has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful events and publications in the UK include Com Europe and Call Centre Focus magazines and Networks telecom, Webcom, GIS and Call Centre Expo, and eBusiness Convention and Technology For Marketing events.
CMP Europe Ltd is a leading provider of business to business marketing services and information to the hi-tech markets of IT, electronics and games. The expanding range of events, publications and on-line services benefit from CMP’s strong industry focus and, as part of CMP Media Inc, a unique global and regional reach. CMP Europe was formerly the IT, electronics and games interests of Miller Freeman UK. Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com
CMP Media Inc. http://www.cmp.com
is part of United Business Media plc, formally United News & Media plc. Further information can be found at http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com
For more information, please contact:
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager,
Tel: 0208 987 7617; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Europe Events in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.