Yahoo! Gives Travel Site Seal of Approval and Sponsors Kiosks
London, February 26, 2001….Independent travellers across the world have an easy way to keep in touch whilst overseas through Transeden’s network of touch screen kiosks. These are complemented by the information and services available at Transeden’s newly launched web site (www.transeden.com), which enables travellers to plan their trips, research and apply for jobs abroad and much more all in one place.
Transeden is an original combination of on-line and off-line services. Many travellers in London, Leeds and Edinburgh will have already spotted Transeden’s kiosks which provide a simple, cheap and fun way to stay in touch.
The touch screen kiosks enable users to create a digital postcard containing a photograph of themselves that they can email in one touch to up to 250 friends and family the world over. All postcard recipients are directed to www.transeden.com where they can view the postcard.
Transeden today announced that Yahoo! (Nasdaq: YHOO) has put its considerable weight behind Transeden by committing to sponsor the kiosks, while joint marketing activities between the two companies are set to drive traffic to, and raise awareness of both the kiosks and http://www.transeden.com
Now married to the network of kiosks is a web site that offers travellers a rich variety of free information and tips for the traveller including:
· Jobzone: Why wait until you arrive to find a job? Using this service travellers can search and apply online for jobs in other countries or create a “jobfinder” to receive regular emails of relevant job details. Transeden has partnered with employers and recruitment agencies around the world to provide this service.
· Photo gallery: A showcase where visitors can browse through the postcards sent by kiosk users.
· Going places: A place for travellers to plan and implement every element of a trip, from researching a destination and booking flights, accommodation and insurance to indispensable tools like maps, worldwide news, a currency converter and much much more. Partners include Lonely Planet, Exodus and ifyouski.com.
· Myzone: An on-line “backpack” where travelogues, address books, important information and photo albums can be stored. It also includes a personal notice board.
· Travellers’ views: An area to share stories, reviews and photos with other travellers.
· Message boards: This provides a forum for passing on travel tips, asking questions of fellow travellers and tracking down old pals.
· My email: Free, web-based email service.
· Dreamzone: A place to feed the imagination and inspire travellers to pull out the backpack and visit incredible new places.
Transeden’s kiosks are located in bars and attractions frequented by travellers including Madame Tussaud’s in London and The Springbok bar in Leeds. More kiosks will appear throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and Australiasia later this year.
Additional features soon to be introduced include:
· A video facility whereby travellers will be able to record and send messages from the kiosks;
· A digital photo capability so users can upload, store and forward images taken with their digital cameras and order prints.
· Integration of the kiosk with mobile communication devices.
Donna Gayler, founder and managing director, of Transeden, said: “Our goals are to make it easier for travellers to both plan a trip and keep in touch whilst they’re away. Transeden’s kiosks have two key functions: not only do they provide an invaluable communications service to travellers but they also drive traffic to our web site.”
For more information, please visit http://www.transeden.com
or contact Bridget Fishleigh on 01273 624 442 or email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nomad Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.