Powerful photo and video application for Palm PDAs now available in UK
MGI Software, a leader in visual media software products and architecture, today announced the immediate availability of PhotoSuite Mobile Edition, an application that allows users to store, view and beam photo and video files on colour and greyscale Palm OS handhelds. The estimated retail price is £19.99 inc VAT.
Based on MGI’s market-leading imaging and video technology, MGI PhotoSuite Mobile Edition is the most powerful application in its class, offering unparalleled functionality. The software, which includes a desktop component for Windows and Mac users, supports the viewing, storing and beaming of still images, video clips, slide-show presentations, maps and other images, and is designed for both business and personal use.
Stephen Mold, MGI’s European managing director, said, "Our application is invaluable for business people, such as mobile sales reps, who need to showcase a range of products or make a short presentation while on the move, or simply for anyone wanting to share the latest digital pictures of their kids, or show off recent holiday snaps and videos, when visiting friends and relatives."
The program includes several features that are unprecedented for a Palm application. When viewing files on a handheld screen, PhotoSuite Mobile Edition provides the ability to pan and zoom into photos to achieve more detail and clarity. Users can also organise images and video clips into thumbnail albums for quick and easy retrieval of the required files. Single images or entire albums can be ‘beamed’ to other devices without losing quality, retaining all the essential colour and image information even when beamed between greyscale and colour screen units. The software supports a wide range of file formats and features 30 frames per second (fps) video playback, video pause and single-frame advance and rewind.
MGI PhotoSuite Mobile Edition was recently awarded the ‘Innovative Digital Product Award’ by the Digital Imaging Marketing Association at this year’s PMA (Photo Marketing Association Convention and Trade Show).
About MGI PhotoSuite Mobile Edition
MGI PhotoSuite Mobile Edition comprises two elements: PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer, the desktop application, and PhotoSuite Mobile Album, which resides on the Palm OS handheld. The features of each can be found below:
PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer (desktop software):
· acquire media files from a variety of sources, including Kodak Picture CDs
· edit and enhance photos, including crop, rotate and colour correction
· set file size and colour depth for optimal playback of images and videos, prior to transferring to the handheld device
· easily convert popular media file formats including JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP, GIF, AVI, WMV and MOV
· create, name and edit albums
· add notes to a photo
· includes Mac desktop software (for photo transfer only)
PhotoSuite Mobile Album (Palm application):
· store, view and share media on a handheld device
· pan and zoom photos
· view photos and video clips at full screen size or in thumbnail albums
· play back video at up to 30 fps frame rate
· pause facility and single frame advance/rewind for videos
· create slide shows with timed or manual playback
· beam photos, videos and slideshows to other handhelds
· beam the Palm application to other users
MGI PhotoSuite Mobile Edition is a Palm Powered compatible solution, having met the criteria to run on all devices from Palm OS licensees. PhotoSuite Mobile Organizer (desktop application) requires either a Microsoft Windows-based system or Apple Macintosh computer with the following:
· For Windows users: The minimum system required is a Pentium II PC, 64 MB of RAM, 800x600 resolution, 16-bit colour, 70MB hard drive space, Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, Windows 2000 or NT 4.0 (with SP3 or later), Internet Explorer 3.0 or higher, or Netscape 3.01 or higher.
· For Mac users: The PhotoSuite Mobile Edition Mac Desktop Software requires Mac OS 9 or higher (supports transfer of photos only).
The software supports handheld devices running Palm OS 3.1 and higher, including Palm III, V and VII series handhelds, Palm m100 and m105 handhelds, Handspring Visors and Sony Cliè devices, and requires the Palm Desktop organizer software (included with Palm OS handheld devices).
Notes to Editors
For further information, box and screen shots, products for review or competitions, please contact: Jenny Hodge, communications manager, MGI Software, tel: 01908 278106 / 07775 897360, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MGI contact information for publication
· MGI web site: www.mgisoft.com
· A special 14-day trial version of the application is available for download at www.mgisoft.com
· MGI customer enquiries: 0800 973830
· UK price: £19.99 inc VAT
· Availability: Amazon.co.uk, Jungle.com, Staples and other leading software retailers
· B-roll video footage of MGI PhotoSuite Mobile Edition is available (without audio/voiceover) - please contact Jenny Hodge on 01908 278106 for further details
MGI is a leading provider of visual media software products and infrastructure that maximise the use of digital visual content by businesses and individuals. We do this by providing software and services that uniquely enhance every step of the visual media communications cycle, including capturing, creating, streaming, viewing, storing, sharing and publishing. Using our software, businesses and individuals create rich visual content to deliver optimal Internet experiences that communicate, drive user enjoyment and customer frequency, duration, transactions and satisfaction. With headquarters in Richmond Hill, Ontario, MGI employs over 300 people with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. MGI Software is publicly traded on The Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ‘MGI’. In the UK, MGI is a member of the British Photographic and Imaging Association (BPIA), the Photo Marketing Association International (PMA) and The European Leisure Software Publishers Associciation (ELSPA).
© MGI Software Corp., 2001. MGI and PhotoSuite are trademarks or registered trademarks of MGI Software Corp. Palm OS is a registered trademark and Palm Powered is a trademark of Palm, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All other company and/or product names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective manufacturers.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Rovi Europe Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.