Britain’s Leading Business IT Services Company Helps Ignite Worldwide Explosion In Mobile Middleware As IDC Predicts 60% Growth
London, 15th March 2001 – Rebus iS, the UK’s leading business IT services company, has launched a new mobile messaging e-platform which is spearheading the development of the mobile middleware market, currently on the brink of a worldwide explosion.
The revolutionary new technology, WorldViewm, provides a vital business solution for remote workforces to access email, calendar and documents through mobile WAP phones, over an ‘always-on’ GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) network – enabling access from anywhere in the world without having to dial in to an internet service – as well as through standard WAP phones, over a GSM network via a dial-up only connection.
Rebus iS Sales and Marketing Director Gary Lowrey said WorldView-m was one of the most advanced on the market and capitalised on the global takeup of wireless, mobile and WAP technologies.
According to a report by industry analyst IDC, revenue in the mobile middleware industry is set to erupt at a compound annual rate of more than 60%, growing to almost $1.5 billion by 2005. Mr Lowrey said the increase of mobile workers, the proliferation of handheld and mobile devices and the breakthrough in wireless communications were driving demand for mobile middleware to maximise efficiencies and costs in business communications.
Mr Lowrey stated that WorldView-m’s use of GPRS demonstrates its leading edge design. It offers an advanced alternative connection to the web, enabling fast, efficient and secure access to emails, word processing documents, presentations and other company information via a mobile phone at any time of day, from any remote location with network access. It even allows users to send, reply to and forward emails and edit their personal calendar, making remote working efficient and practical.
Mr Lowrey stated: “WorldView-m broadens the scope of what can be achieved in business today. It offers not only far-reaching efficiencies and cost savings in the delivery of business communications but also opens up a world of flexibility in catering to the needs of the increasing remote workforce.”
He said the WorldView-m e-platform simplifies the way companies can manage their documents. WorldViewm allows documents to be viewed by numerous agreed parties through their mobile phones, handheld or desktop computers – automatically translating them into to the required format. This unified system allows for a streamlined and efficient approach to document management. Rebus iS has also developed the ‘Unique Compression Technique’, which substantially reduces download times to a web browser. Rebus’ ‘Intelligent Pagination’ function ensures that, when transmitting to a mobile phone, only as much data is sent as the phone can handle. WorldViewm is an ideal platform to provide B2B forums for a company’s employees, partners and customers to collaborate, share information and transact business in a secure environment. WorldView can draw together any number of different information sources into a single web dashboard – in realtime – enabling a user’s chosen information to be instantly available, simplifying access and improving efficiency.
WorldViewm follows on from the leading development of the Rebus iS’ mobile phone portal www.wapreb.com, launched early on in the development of the WAP internet. The site – recently awarded five stars on cellmania.com – is used to supply the best information feeds to mobile handsets anywhere, anytime.
Notes to Editors
- Rebus iS is currently in discussion with leading systems integrators to establish a strategic partner network to market & support WorldViewm into large organisations.
- By 2004, the number of mobile professionals and mobile data collectors in Western Europe will reach 18 million. (Source: IDC – ‘Mobilizing the Enterprise- Mobile Middleware Forecast and Analysis 2000-2005’)
- Rebus iS is one of the most exciting technology software companies of the new millennium. Created in April 2000, Rebus iS has acquired a pedigree of innovation, expertise and delivery from Rebus Group's 25-year history. Focused on insurance and financial services, as well as on e-business solutions and managed services, Rebis iS has over 600 employees and annual revenues of nearly £50m. The Rebus Group has offices in the UK, the USA, Bermuda, Germany and Malaysia.
About mobile middleware
- To make the 2.5G and 3G mobile communications networks deliver real business benefits, software components are required to link the mobile handset with key business applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. WorldViewm is one such piece of software.
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) is a GSM enhancement and a stepping stone to 3G (third generation) mobile communications. The GPRS network offers far greater bandwidth: today’s GSM mobile phones connect to the Internet at 9.6 kbps, while GPRS does it at 14.4 kbps today and will soon be capable of speeds up to 115 kbps. GPRS mobile phones and networks operate in an always-on mode which keeps the connection to the internet permanently open.
Ph: 0207 596 6700
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of NCH Integrated Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.