New name to reinforce “business transformation” expertise within BT Ignite and marketplace
BT Syncordia Solutions was today renamed BT Ignite Solutions in a move that positions the fast-growing business unit as a leading player in the e-business and communications solutions marketplace – and builds on the success of the existing Ignite brand.
Over the past year, the new BT Ignite Solutions will have chalked up a record £2 billion in contracts – an increase of more than 70 per cent over the past 12 months. In the last three months alone, more than £800 million worth of business has been signed, including a £300 million IT venture with Liverpool City Council.
“The change is not just about a new name, but is a declaration that we are re-inventing ourselves to meet the challenges of tomorrow and evolving to stay ahead of the shifts in our environment,” said Neil Rogers, president of BT Ignite Solutions. “This announcement is the beginning of a series of moves designed to place our business in pole position to exploit the opportunities we believe the provision of e-business and communications services will offer in the next few years.”
BT Ignite Solutions, which has a current annual run rate of revenues of £1.4 billion (based on 9 months to December 2000) - making up a significant proportion of BT Ignite’s overall revenues - will look to derive 80 per cent of its own income from IP (Internet Protocol), eBusiness and eCRM solutions, with an increasing emphasis on mobility and security. The unit will continue to build its portfolio of work in both the UK and Europe with companies such as Halifax’s Intelligent Finance, Balfour Beatty, Barclays, Haliburton and Banco Santander.
In the past three years, BT Ignite Solutions has evolved from solely managing networks to creating and implementing innovative communications solutions to customers in the public and private sectors. Over the last financial year, the unit has:
* Joined forces in a strategic alliance with ClientLogic Corp to deliver managed, one-stop e-CRM (customer relationship management) solutions to businesses across Europe.
* Created the Leeds Learning Network with Leeds City Council, to connect schools, libraries and museums throughout Leeds on one single network, offering the whole community an invaluable educational resource. The project is hailed as one of the most ambitious local government projects in the UK and is at the forefront of the vision for education in Leeds.
* Worked with Halifax to launch Intelligent Finance, the new multichannel Internet and telephone bank, in just nine months. IF opened 50,000 new accounts in the first few weeks.
* Displayed some of the most extensive and sophisticated skills in the engineering of large-scale portal platforms, such as NCSL online, the education portal for 135,00 head teachers across the UK.
* Partnered with Nuance to deliver a voice-activated web browsing solution, and worked with lastminute.com and Nortel Networks to provide advanced technology to develop lastminute.com’s speech recognition platform.
About BT Ignite Solutions
BT Ignite Solutions is the e-business and communications solutions unit within BT Ignite. The business provides solutions to help its clients to optimise customer value in an IP enabled world. Providing consultancy, e-business, e-CRM and network-centric applications, BT Ignite Solutions delivers and manages solutions on behalf of many of the world’s largest and most respected organisations. With current annual run rate revenues of more than £1.4 billion, BT Ignite Solutions is the largest provider of managed and outsourced network and IT solutions in the UK. It has more than 27,000 customers ranging from mid-sized companies to multi-national organisations in 92 countries across the globe. For more information, visit: www.btignitesolutions.com
For further information about BT Ignite Solutions, please contact:
Josephine Bowen / Valerie Weisenreder
Band & Brown Communications
+44 (0)20 7419 7000
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Citizen Relations in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.