~ An end-user ad hoc query builder ~
10 April 2001 (DS0112) - Developer Solutions International, the specialist in application development solutions, announces the release of Query 1.0 from ComponentOne, an ActiveX control that adds powerful ad hoc querying to applications developed in Visual basic, VC++ and Delphi, without the need for end-users to learn new skills. Applications developed with Query 1.0 can be distributed with no run time royalty fees. A free, fully featured evaluation version of Query 1.0 is available to download from www.developer-solutions.co.uk <http://www.developer-solutions.co.uk>. The boxed version will begin shipping on 26 April 2001. RRP £399 + VAT from Developer Solutions or its authorised resellers. Special introductory price of £299.00 + VAT until 30th June 2001. Visit www.developer-solutions.co.uk <http://www.developer-solutions.co.uk> for full details.
“Query is a effective solution for ad hoc querying,” says Adrian Handley, general manager, Developer Solutions “Until now, developers wishing to incorporate ad hoc querying into applications faced challenges ranging from how to develop all imaginable queries in advance, to how to work with a rigid user interface. Now these challenges are eliminated because developers can deliver ad hoc querying quickly and efficiently.”
· It collects end-user input and generates an SQL query or an ADO Filter condition at run time, thus ensuring that developers don't have to prepare all imaginable queries beforehand at design time.
· It shields end-users from the complexities of database structure allowing them to use convenient names and business concepts that they already know without needing any special skills required by the application.
· It includes a built-in user interface that makes implementing the ad hoc functionality is as easy as dropping two controls on a form. The interface can be used 'as is' or can easily be customised.
· It contains a powerful query generation engine that supports queries spanning multiple data tables to ensure robust querying capabilities.
· It provides full SQL database support so SQL queries can be run in every database supporting SQL. Developers can execute them using any database access engine available in Microsoft Windows: ADO/OLEDB, DAO, ODBC, and native database interfaces. The SQL syntax can also be customised to fit database requirements.
· Customisable user interface that allows developers to easily change colours, fonts, words and phrases used in the query display and virtually all aspects of the interface
· Lookup lists that present end-users with an easy-to-use lookup combo or menu.
· Custom editing and lookups
· Multi-table views
· Calculated fields
· Custom condition relationships
About Developer Solutions International:
Formed in 2001, Developer Solutions International is a division of Contemporary Plc. Developer Solutions International is the specialist development resource, providing developers and businesses with advanced software technologies, an extensive portfolio of training and consulting services and a bespoke software development capability. For more information, visit Developer Solutions at www.developer-solutions.co.uk <http://www.developer-solutions.co.uk/>.
Adrian Handley, Developer Solutions, Tel: 01392 262626,
Review product from:
Amy Holden, PR, Developer Solutions, Tel: 01392 262626,
Please note that my email has changed and that there is a new Developer Solutions website address.
Marketing & Communications
Developer Solutions International
Exeter EX4 3PL
Tel +44 (0) 1392 262626
Fax +44 (0) 1392 262617
Developer Solutions International is a newly formed division of Contemporary Plc. Developer Solutio
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Developer Solutions in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.