SUNNYVALE, CALIF. — APRIL 11, 2001 —Mercury Interactive Corporation (Nasdaq: MERQ), the leader in enterprise testing and performance management solutions, today reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001.
Revenue for the first quarter of 2001 was $90.7 million, an increase of 50 percent over the $60.4 million reported in the first quarter of 2000. Net income was $16.1 million, an increase of 65 percent compared to net income of $9.8 million in the first quarter of 2000. Earnings per diluted share increased to $0.18, up 64 percent from $0.11 for the first quarter of 2000.
“Mercury Interactive’s strong first quarter results, despite a difficult economic environment, demonstrate the value of our testing and performance management solutions and the viability of our business model,” said Amnon Landan, chairman, CEO and president of Mercury Interactive. “As companies focus on maximizing the return from their IT investments, they are selecting our products and services to optimize their infrastructure, minimize capital and operational expenses and deliver reliable, high performance applications.”
During the first quarter, Mercury Interactive announced version 7.0 of its flagship load and functional testing products, LoadRunner and WinRunner, with enhanced ease-of-use, additional transaction breakdown capabilities and Enterprise Java Bean support. Additionally, the company’s customer support organization received awards during the quarter for both consistently excellent customer services and innovative, superior web-based support.
Mercury Interactive (www.mercuryinteractive.com) is the leading provider of enterprise testing and application performance management solutions that help businesses deliver a positive user experience. Mercury Interactive solutions enable its customers to turn application performance, scalability and user experience into competitive advantage. The Company’s performance management products and hosted services are open and integrated to best test and monitor enterprise applications.
Mercury Interactive is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California and has more than 40 offices worldwide. The company’s common stock trades on the Nasdaq National Market under the symbol MERQ.
The statements concerning Mercury Interactive's future business prospects contained in this press release are "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Numerous important factors affect Mercury Interactive’s operating results and could cause Mercury Interactive’s actual results to differ materially from forecasts and estimates or from any other forward-looking statements made by, or on behalf of, Mercury Interactive, and there can be no assurance that future results will meet expectations, estimates or projections. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) a weakening of economic factors may affect the overall demand for software and services which could result in decreased revenues or lower revenue growth rates;
2) Mercury Interactive's financial growth depends on the continued success and acceptance of its existing and new software products and services and the ability to increase international sales; !
3) competition for Mercury Interactive's products and services is intense;
4) Mercury Interactive has historically received a substantial portion of its orders at the end of the quarter and if an order shortfall occurs at the end of a quarter it could negatively impact the company’s operating results for that quarter; and
5) the additional risks and important factors described in Mercury Interactive's SEC reports, including the Annual Report to Stockholders on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2000 and other filings with the SEC. Mercury Interactive undertakes no obligation to update information contained in this release to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.
# # #
Tables available: Condensed Consolidated Statements of Operations, Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets (contact Manning, Selvage & Lee, details below)
WinRunner, LoadRunner, TestDirector and Astra are registered trademarks and QuickTest, Topaz, ActiveWatch and ActiveTest are trademarks of Mercury Interactive Corporation, Sunnyvale, California. Product and company names are used herein for identification purposes only, and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information:
Mercury Interactive (UK) Ltd.
Tel: +44 1276 808200
Fax: +44 1276 29134
Manning, Selvage & Lee
Tel : +44 207 878 3174
Fax : +44 207 878 3030
E-mail : email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MSL Group in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.