EC-Gate Launches Marketplace Suite, an “out of the box” Trading Platform for Private e-Marketplaces
Prepackaged, “plug and play” solution brings efficiency, speed and
lower ownership costs to speed deployment of private B2B e-marketplaces
April 18, 2001 -- EC-Gate, a global provider of business-to-business e-marketplace solutions, announced today the debut of its core e-marketplace trading platform, Marketplace Suite.
Marketplace Suite offers companies a simple means of launching an online B2B marketplace that reflects their precise business requirements in less time and at lower cost than competitive solutions. Marketplace Suite’s primary aim is to improve transparency, reduce inefficiencies and optimize the flow of information among trading partners within a company’s demand and supply chain.
“With this new product, EC-Gate is harnessing its experience of building and implementing marketplaces by providing a broad suite able to tackle all aspects of building and supporting an exchange… Successful execution on this rapid time to value premise as well as offering a complete suite of functionality coupled with wireless technology will enable EC-Gate and Marketplace Suite to maintain traction and grow in this market.” Source: Laura M. Carrillo, The AMR Alert on B2B Marketplaces, April 2001.
Marketplace Suite is made up of six proven and pre-configured application components:
Order Management: Includes all essential trading elements, placing of orders, issuing requests for quotation, and consolidating orders from multiple buying groups.
Logistics: Allows coordination with trading partners, tracking of shipments and confirmation that goods have been received.
Product Catalogue: Feeds a central, searchable database with detailed product and pricing information, updateable at any time, giving buyers real-time access to current data.
Billing & Payment: Automates the entire procure-to-pay cycle, giving trading partners real-time access to detailed invoice information.
Reporting & Intelligence: Allows tracking and measuring of activity among trading partners, enabling the company to analyse market behavior and gain insight into market trends.
Vendor Managed Inventory: Manages inventories at end location and provides real-time information to forecast sales and orders, and manage the whole fulfillment cycle.
“We engineered Marketplace Suite to address the primary concerns of customers building private e-marketplaces: speed to market; precise functionality; a convincing value proposition; and rapid scalability for evolving needs,” said Sebastian Kuntz, CEO of EC-Gate. “We worked extensively with the McKinsey Group to identify key client needs in an e-commerce solution and designed Marketplace Suite to outperform the e-marketplace solutions currently offered by our competitors.”
Marketplace Suite was designed in accord with the results of in-depth market research conducted by McKinsey Group. Commissioned by EC-Gate, the research’s main objective was to identify the core needs and preferences of companies seeking an e-marketplace solution. Customer features engineered for Marketplace Suite include:
· Industry tailored - EC-Gate’s extensive industry knowledge and expertise ensure that Marketplace Suite meets the unique needs of clients in any of the company’s target industries (consumer packaged goods, construction, retail).
· End-user customisation - Marketplace Suite’s architecture easily allows for customisation of the user interface so that a clients marketplace will look, feel and talk like their business.
· Seamless integration with enterprise systems - Marketplace Suite is compatible with most enterprise systems and is tailored to integrate seamlessly.
· Interoperability with other B2B marketplaces - Marketplace Suite participants can invite distributors from external exchanges to access the Marketplace Suite platform.
· Wired and wireless access - Marketplace Suite is designed for seamless access from the desktop or any internet-enabled mobile phones or personal digital assistant.
· Based on international standards - Marketplace Suite was developed using the EANCOM standard, which is accepted globally and supports multiple industries.
· Support for existing and emerging technologies - Marketplace Suite provides customers with technical and logistical support in adapting existing and emerging technologies.
The Marketplace Suite solution runs on an Oracle technology backbone and is designed to integrate seamlessly with enterprise systems and other e-marketplaces. “This solution automates the entire procure-to-pay cycle. Companies looking to bring Internet efficiency to existing business processes and relationships will find a compelling value proposition in Marketplace Suite,” said Ivan Zasarsky, President and CTO of EC-Gate.
Established in 1997, EC-Gate builds and hosts business-to-business e-marketplaces for individual companies and entire industries. With dual headquarters in the Netherlands and Canada, EC-Gate offers a wide array of global, scaleable services through an easy-to-use Internet interface. EC-Gate solutions are based on proven, pre-configured components that ensure clients are up and running quickly. A recognised leader in wireless technology, EC-Gate solutions offer seamless wired and wireless access any time, anywhere. For more information, visit the EC-Gate Web site at www.ec-gate.com.
# # #
Louise Dolfing +31 20 409 4440; email@example.com
Nicola Garrett +44 207 898 3427; firstname.lastname@example.org
Alastair Cowie +44 207 898 3424; email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Golin-Harris International (London) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.