…New Software to Improve Scalability, Data Integrity and Security of Third-Party Business Intelligence Tools…
MicroStrategy, a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence software, has announced the general availability of MicroStrategy OLAP Provider, a software package that provides other business intelligence software access to the analytical power and scalability of the MicroStrategy 7 platform. MicroStrategy OLAP Provider uses Microsoft's OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO) standard to communicate with common cube-based software such as Cognos PowerPlay, Microsoft Excel 2000, and ODBO-compliant software from companies such as Business Objects and Brio Technology.
"While organisations are aiming to continuously make their data analysis and reporting capabilities more sophisticated, they are constantly challenged by scalability requirements and the costs associated with maintaining their existing cube-based architectures," said Bob Skeens, managing director, MicroStrategy, UK. "MicroStrategy's OLAP Provider offers a single platform that resolves these issues - it leverages the company's existing investments by offering unmatched analysis and scalability, without compromising that user interface."
MicroStrategy OLAP Provider gives organisations access to transaction-level data, powerful analytics, and bulletproof security, while helping to reduce cube maintenance, development, and user re-training costs. Organisations using multidimensional cubes for their business intelligence solutions frequently face challenges due to the inherent limitations of data scalability and integrity in cube-based architectures. These challenges present constraints on the reporting and analysis process:
· Limited data scalability and flexibility - limited storage capability restricts the breadth of analysis users can perform. As data is pre-aggregated, users cannot access detailed, business-critical information or easily modify the cubes as reporting requirements change.
· Questionable data integrity - while a database might be updated daily with sales data, the time required to update the cubes often exceeds the daily batch window. As a result, users run the risk of basing business decisions on old data.
· Risky and expensive security - security considerations frequently require companies to create multiple sets of cubes, each including different dimensions, measures, or datasets to establish minimal security for each user.
· Recurring costs - continuous maintenance, modification and updating of multidimensional data cubes is a costly infrastructure expenditure.
MicroStrategy OLAP Provider, in conjunction with the MicroStrategy 7 Platform, solves these problems by translating ODBO syntax to SQL for use with relational databases. By supporting multiple interfaces, MicroStrategy OLAP Provider is able to increase the cost-effectiveness of existing business intelligence applications through several features:
· Data scalability and flexibility - the MicroStrategy 7 platform scales to terabytes of data and provides access to the finest business details.
· Data Integrity - MicroStrategy 7 Platform accesses the database and not cubes; therefore, users can have confidence their business decisions are based on timely facts.
· Bulletproof security - the MicroStrategy 7 Platform ensures security centrally at the user, transmission, application, and data layers. This means a diverse user group, through personalised profiles rather than expensive cubes, only sees the appropriate information.
· Lowest cost of ownership - because the MicroStrategy 7 Platform has centralised administration and connectivity to the database, and supports any business reporting model, it does not suffer from the expensive maintenance costs associated with cube-based architectures.
Users can go to MicroStrategy's online store, located at www.microstrategy.com to demo, configure, upgrade and order software directly. Store visitors can purchase MicroStrategy software, technical support, education, consulting, and documentation online or over the phone in an easy-to-try, easy-to-buy format. MicroStrategy software can also be bought through authorised resellers around the world.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
MicroStrategy is a leading worldwide provider of Intelligent E-Business software and related services. MicroStrategy's technology platform is creating a new generation of one-to-one e-business solutions that enable global 2000 organisations to build personal relationships with their partners, supply-chains, and customers. MicroStrategy delivers these solutions via web, wireless, and voice. In addition to its industry leading technology, MicroStrategy also offers a comprehensive set of consulting, training and support services for its customers and partners.
MicroStrategy has approximately 1000 customers across such diverse industries as retail, finance, telecommunications, dot-com, insurance, healthcare, pharmaceuticals and consumer packaged goods. MicroStrategy also has entered into relationships with more than 270 systems integrators, application development and platform partners. For more information, please visit MicroStrategy's Web site: http://www.microstrategy.com
Click on the link below to see this news release as it appears on the Brodeur
News Room website and obtain full contact details.
Click the link below to login and update your company and subject preferences,
or personal details.
Click on the link below to have your login details re-sent to you.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pleon in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.