NEW YORK (May 2nd, 2001) – Factiva, a Dow Jones and Reuters Company, announced today its Partner Network consisting of leading software providers including IBM and Lotus, Microsoft, Oracle, Plumtree Software and Portal B. The Factiva Partner Network is designed to further Factiva’s strategy to provide ‘out-of-the-box’ integration of relevant global news and business information into intranets, portals and mobile devices.
By partnering with leading corporate portal software providers, Factiva can easily integrate its global content into corporate portals, giving users access to highly customizable internal and external business information from a single point of access. Factiva Integration, a suite of flexible integration tools, is designed to allow portal users to easily integrate Factiva’s global content into the corporate portal environment.
“We’re delighted to be able to work with software providers on the cutting-edge of portal technology,” said Clare Hart, president and CEO of Factiva. “Over the past few years, the enterprise information portal market has gained wide acceptance as companies have realized the importance of pulling all types of information together – building knowledge management systems -- to give their employees access to the information they need to quickly make informed business decisions.”
The Factiva Integration suite includes Factiva Search Module, a tool that provides access to a searchable archive of nearly 6,000 world-class sources from Factiva’s collection of global news and business information, and Factiva Track Module, a current awareness tool that delivers customized relevant news and business information to the user’s desktop.
Factiva Search Module and Factiva Track Module readily integrate into the following partners’ portal software:
· IBM WebSphere Portal Server is a core component of IBM’s portal strategy and provides an open, scalable framework for enabling the aggregation of applications and information from various content sources, including corporate data and the Internet, into a personalized portal.
· Lotus K-station, a component of the IBM portal strategy, brings knowledge management and out-of-the-box collaboration to the personal and community portal. Lotus K-station helps individuals manage daily work needs and enables teams to collaborate quickly across geographic locations with common access to shared resources from multiple systems. This technology is a flexible, extensible portal that can be seamlessly integrated with the Lotus Discovery Server (and/or the IBM WebSphere Portal) to provide a single access point that enables individuals and teams to discover the most useful information and experts on a given subject and to then take informed business action.
· Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server is a flexible portal solution, built on the digital dashboard framework, that allows companies to easily find, share and publish information. SPS integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Office and Windows, and is easily customized via Web Parts, which facilitate the integration of enterprise-level content and services, such as relevant global news with Factiva Integration, into the portal environment.
· Oracle9i Application Server (Oracle9iAS) Portal is a complete software solution for building, deploying, and maintaining self-service, integrated enterprise portals. It combines an extensible framework for standardized application access with a set of self-service tools for customizing the portal experience, publishing and managing information, and accessing dynamic data. Oracle9iAS Portal connects employees, partners and suppliers with the information they need and allows them to tailor their portal view to the way they work. Oracle is a registered trademark and Oracle9i is a trademark or registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.
· The Plumtree Corporate Portal is a Web portal for corporate content and services. The Plumtree Corporate Portal organizes access to documents in an enterprise-wide Web directory, and integrates information and services from other systems as Plumtree Portal Gadgets. The foundation is the Massively Parallel Portal Engine: an HTTP-based communication system that processes user requests for corporate information and applications from a wide variety of computers in parallel, offering customers scalability, openness and fault-tolerance. The MPPE is designed to query and transport XML (eXtensible Mark-up Language) and HTML (Hypertext Mark-up Language) content and messages.
· Portal Bä is a fully integrated business information portal that provides a single point of access to high-value business information. Users of Portal B, a service of the Data Downlink Corporation, can easily combine search results from the Web, premium databases and a company’s proprietary content.
For more information about the Factiva Partner Network visit: www.factiva.com/network
Factiva, a Dow Jones & Reuters Company, provides world-class global news and business information through its Web sites and content integration solutions. Factiva’s mission is to be the indispensable provider of business information and customized solutions which inspire its customers' best business decisions, globally and locally.
Factiva’s business information includes Dow Jones and Reuters newswires and The Wall Street Journal, plus nearly 8,000 other sources from around the world. These sources provide current news; historical articles; local-language articles; market research and investment analyst reports; and stock quotes.
Customer service is key to Factiva’s success. With 58 offices in 34 countries and customer help desks covering Europe, Asia and the Americas, the company is committed to ensuring that customers in every part of the world receive the service they require.
For further information:
Edelman PR Worldwide
Tel: 020 7344 1235
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Edelman Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.