London, 11 May 2001 - EO plc, the online equity distribution platform, today launched EO Italia to the Italian financial community at a seminar on the online new issues sector held at the Italian Stock Exchange in Milan.
The objective of the EO Group in Italy is to introduce and develop EO's business model of 'neutral aggregation', offering a secure, stable and efficient retail distribution platform to investment banks and giving access to all Italian IPOs and, in the future, selected European issues, to its distribution partners.
During the introduction to the conference, Massimiliano Raposio, Country Manager of EO Italia, also announced the signing of the following important partnerships for EO:
· Banca Sella, one of Italy's earliest and most respected online brokers, for the distribution of European IPOs to Sella.it online clients.
· Buongiorno.it, the leading e-publisher, for the launch of IPO week, a weekly newsletter edited by EO
· Borse.it, for the supply of content to the web-site of this fast growing Italian financial portal
At the seminar John St. John, CEO of EO plc, and Simon North, Head of International Development, illustrated their vision of the future of retail offerings in Europe and the opportunities for Italian issuers and investment banks. The conference was closed by Maria Pierdicchi, Head of Nuovo Mercato, the high growth stocks segment of the Italian Stock Exchange, with which EO plc has recently become a Partner.
At the conference John St. John commented:
"EO's neutral aggregation model provides a win-win solution for all key participants in the IPO process by enabling the most efficient relationship between investment banks and the retail investment community. In a few months we have become the leading platform in Europe for online offerings; we are now present in 6 countries and have a reach of over one million online broking customers and 20 million Internet users. Through its partnerships with Fineco, Italy's largest online broker, and now Sella.it, EO will be able to distribute new issues to the clients of two of Italy's top 5 online brokers."
John St John
CEO, EO plc
Tel: +44 20 7725 4906
Peter Pender-Cudlip/Claire Bithell
Tel:+44 20 7251 3801
CEO, EO Italy
Tel: + 39 02 7601 7334
Notes to editors
· EO plc, which is regulated by the SFA, is an on-line share distribution platform. EO works in partnership with investment banks and venture capital firms to distribute equity product to retail investors on a pan-European basis.
· EO acquired EPO.com in February 2001. Through its networks and partnership arrangements, EO now reaches an audience of almost 20 million online users throughout the UK and Europe.
· Distribution partners include:
Online brokers: Charles Schwab Europe, Barclays Stockbrokers, Sharepeople, Stockacademy, Stocktrade
Portals: Yahoo!, GlobalNetFinancial.com, Tiscali and Ciaoweb
Retail investment sites: ADVFN and moneyextra.com
Other: OM Stockholm Stock Exchange
· EO has established a joint venture with more-IPO.de in Germany, through which EO's reach encompasses users of both web.de and freenet.de. EO also has a partnership with online IPO provider EuropeOffering.com in France.
· EO has established partnerships with UBS Warburg and Noble & Co. Under the terms of these partnerships, the investment banks will make appropriate equity product offerings available to retail investors via www.eo.net.
· EO also benefits from exclusive deal flow from its founding shareholder NewMedia SPARK, Europe's leading quoted early stage technology investor.
· EO now has operations in UK, Italy, Germany, France, Sweden and Finland.
· Investors should register free and without obligation at www.eo.net.
· In Italy EO operates from the former Italian branch office of EPO.com, renamed EO Italia, which started operations in November 2000 and has offered over 10 IPOs including the secondary listing of Luxottica and Lottomatica to its over 2,000 registered users. EO Italia has in place distribution partnerships with Fineco and Banca Sella and news partnerships with Yahoo!Italia, Tiscali, Ciaoweb, Italia-iNvest, Borse.it and Buongiorno.it. EO plc is a partner of Nuovo Mercato (Borsa Italiana)
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Finsbury Group in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.