London 30 May 2001 - EO (www.eo.net), the Pan-European new issue distribution platform for retail investors, today announces it has signed a partnership agreement with HQ.SE Aktiespar, one of Sweden's largest online brokers.
According to the terms of the agreement, EO will make available Swedish and European equity offerings and other new issue products to HQ.SE Aktiespar, which are distributed by EO on the Swedish market. HQ.SE Aktiespar will operate as EO's selling agent to its substantial retail customer base in Sweden with 53,000 customers. In April, EO signed a similar partnership agreement with Fineco, Italy's largest online broker that represents 15% of the share volumes traded on the Italian Stock Exchange.
This partnership significantly expands EO's audience of online retail investors across Europe whilst providing Swedish retail investors with access to both domestic and Pan-European IPOs.
Commenting on the agreement, Lars Nord, CEO of EO Nordic, said;
"We are delighted to announce this partnership with HQ.SE Aktiespar, which increases EO's reach to retail investors in Sweden and across Europe. EO continues to build an extensive online distribution channel for new issue offerings in Europe and is the natural partner for investment banks."
Nicklas Storåkers, CEO of HQ.SE Aktiespar, said;
"HQ.SE Aktiespar is committed to providing Swedish retail investors with as wide a choice of investment opportunities as possible. This agreement allows our customers to access a greater number of Swedish and European IPOs and will enable retail investors to participate on a larger scale in cross border equity offerings."
Lars Nord, CEO EO Nordic AB, Tel. +46 8 545 815 60, email@example.com
Leigh Burdick, Managing Director EO plc, Tel: +44 20 7725 4900, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicklas Storåkers, CEO HQ.SE Aktiespar, Tel: +46 8 562 250 00, email@example.com
Claire Bithell, Finsbury, Tel: +44 20 7251 3801, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
· EO plc, which is regulated by the SFA, is an on-line share distribution platform. EO works in partnership with investment banks and venture capital firms to distribute equity product to retail investors on a pan-European basis.
· EO acquired EPO.com in February 2001. Through its networks and partnership arrangements, EO now reaches an audience of almost 20 million online users throughout the UK and Europe.
· Distribution partners include:
Online brokers: Charles Schwab Europe, Barclays Stockbrokers, Sharepeople, Stockacademy, Stocktrade, Fineco
Portals: Yahoo!, GlobalNetFinancial.com, Tiscali and Ciaoweb
Retail investment sites: ADVFN and moneyextra.com
Other: OM Stockholm Stock Exchange
· EO has established a joint venture with more-IPO.de in Germany, through which EO's reach encompasses users of both web.de and freenet.de. EO also has a partnership with online IPO provider EuropeOffering.com in France.
· EO has established partnerships with UBS Warburg and Noble & Co. Under the terms of these partnerships, the investment banks will make appropriate equity product offerings available to retail investors via www.eo.net.
· EO also benefits from exclusive deal flow from its founding shareholder NewMedia SPARK, Europe's leading quoted early stage technology investor.
· EO now has operations in UK, Italy, Germany, France, Sweden and Finland.
· Investors should register free and without obligation at www.eo.net.
· HQ.SE Aktiespar is Sweden's largest Internet broker measured in the number of customers. Approximately 53.000 active customers were registered at the end of March 2001.
· HQ.SE Aktiespar offers trading of shares on the OM Stockholm Stock Exchange, the SBI-list and other unofficially traded shares, foreign shares, derivatives and mutual funds in HQ.SE Fonder. Customers have the option of placing orders on the Internet, via mobile Internet or telephone, and there are also various custody accounts with different levels of pricing and service depending on the on the level of activity.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Finsbury Group in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.