Wonderware Announces New FactorySuite™ 2000 Module
For Tracking Equipment Downtime, Production Efficiency
June 7, 2001 – Wonderware has expanded its FactorySuite™ 2000 industrial automation software system with the introduction of a new downtime tracking and production efficiency monitoring toolset. The new DT Analyst™ module enables plant managers to easily determine if production equipment is functioning at optimum levels and to take corrective action where needed.
DT Analyst consists of a series of modules that acquire and decode information from plant systems and equipment to determine whether or not a particular subsystem or piece of machinery is in a down condition. It can also assist with evaluation of long-term productivity of the equipment to correct production weaknesses.
“Many times the most painful downtimes are those that are of short duration but which occur frequently,” explained Kevin Tock, senior vice president and general manager. “Often, operators become used to clearing a system fault quickly, and no longer consider the downtime associated with 10 or 20 quick two-minute fixes to be more than one incident during a shift. They may also fail to notice other problems that occur upstream or downstream as a result of starting or stopping a production line, which can lead to downtime that is erroneously attributed to a given piece of equipment.
“By using DT Analyst, a manufacturer can identify production weaknesses, optimise production processes and tap into a plant’s ‘hidden capacity’ simply by reducing overall downtimes, changeover time, maintenance problems and product flow or bottleneck problems,” he said. “Since adding new equipment or additional shifts is expensive, and often unnecessary, DT Analyst provides the plant manager with more detailed and graphical information that enables identification, quantification and cost-justification for an equipment upgrade or replacement that can improve total productivity.”
DT Analyst supports multiple database types, although it is intended for use with FactorySuite’s Industrial SQL Server™ or Microsoft SQL Server 7.0. DT Analyst consists of seven component modules:
· The Configurator is a standalone .exe program that loads system configuration settings into the database for launching the next time individual components are started; it permits engineers or managers to change the system set-up for new downtime definitions and properties.
· The Logic Manager runs on the plant server and processes all downtime data. It monitors changing tag values, evaluates downtime definitions and records downtime events to the database.
· The Event Manager is a program client that runs on each HMI node or a standalone PC. It receives event notifications from the Logic Manager when a system goes down or back up and enables operators to respond to alarms and manually enter related information, such as planned downtimes.
· An I/O Manager runs on the plant server and handles communications with PLCs or other data sources
· The Efficiency Monitor both tracks and reports on system efficiency using client-specific calculations. This component is access by Business Nodes through a web browser interface and performs efficiency calculations to prepare desired reports.
· A Downtime Editor enables viewing of collected downtime information in graphical format, similar to a Gantt chart, to provide insight into event sequences during downtimes.
· A Report Module provides HTML reports to clients for viewing or printing via a browser.
The new DT Analyst product will be available in the UK from September 2001, Wonderware’s UK & Ireland distributor is Panek, freephone: 0800 015 2169.
Wonderware, an independent operating unit of the Invensys Software Systems (ISS) Division of Invensys plc., is the world's leading supplier of industrial automation software. Founded in 1987, the company pioneered the use of Microsoft Windows-based, human-machine-interface (HMI) automation software for manufacturing operation systems. Today, Wonderware's mission is to provide integrated software suites that drive the customer's strategic, planning and operational decision-making based on real-time plant floor information.
Recent corporate and product acquisitions have broadened Wonderware's market coverage to range from “sensor to supply chain.” In addition to its HMI and manufacturing execution systems (MES) products, Wonderware offers leading enterprise asset management (EAM) solutions as well as strategic consulting services.
Wonderware is based in Irvine, Calif., and has regional sales and development offices throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia to provide support to its network of more than 160 independent distributor offices. Wonderware has more than 180,000 successful software installations in more than 25,000 plants worldwide. For more information, visit the Wonderware home page at: http://www.wonderware.com.
Invensys plc is a global leader in the automation and controls industry. With its head office in London, England it operates in all regions of the world through four focused divisions - software systems, automation systems, power systems and control systems. With more than 90,000 employees, the company's products and services range from advanced control systems and networks for automating industrial plants and controlling the environments of buildings, to electronic devices and controls found in residential buildings and light commercial applications, plus complete power systems for the telecommunications and information technology industries. For more information, visit the Invensys home page at http://www.invensys.com.
Ad-Lib International Limited
Tel: 0118 9744189
Tel: 0800 015 2169
Fax: 0161 428 1373
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ad-Lib International Limited in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.