PDS Pilot 2.0 Enables More Effective and Robust, Remote Management of Security Appliances
Richardson, Texas, July 10, 2001 — Intrusion.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: INTZ), a leading provider of enterprise security solutions for the information-driven economy, today announced that IT professionals responsible for managing security appliances will be able to meet this challenge more easily and efficiently through the launch of its PDS Pilot 2.0 security appliance management software. The PDS Pilot 2.0 provides IT professionals with an easy-to-use, web-based management application for remotely managing Intrusion.com security appliances.
All of Intrusion.com’s PDS security appliances will be standardised on PDS Pilot 2.0 and the underlying hardened Red Hat Linux operating system. No matter which PDS appliance is deployed, the software and operating system is the same across the entire product family. This allows an IT group to minimise training costs and capitalise on existing experience to effectively reduce the total cost of ownership.
“With today’s announcement, Intrusion.com has strengthened its commitment to delivering low cost, high performance appliances that will give IT groups even greater visibility into their network infrastructures,” said Ryon Packer, vice president of marketing and business development for Intrusion.com. “The PDS Pilot 2.0 management software, coupled with the fact that there is 80 percent commonality of the hardware across all our product lines, gives customers a lower total cost of ownership.”
PDS Pilot 2.0 uses a new Application Programming Interface (API) that drives all of the PDS Pilot functions with the operating system and isolates the OS, increasing overall security. The end-user interacts with a Web server that communicates with the API using a secure protocol, providing even more security for the appliance and a greater level of interaction from the PDS Pilot Web interface or from third-party applications.
Additional enhancements enable IT professionals to remotely stage, deploy and configure all of Intrusion.com’s integrated security appliances. Integration of SNMP v2 and v3 facilitates getting important information from the appliance regarding health and status, state and configuration. Additional features include routing for gateway deployments, advanced diagnostics and robust syslogging.
About PDS Pilot 2.0 Appliance Management Software
· New staging mode simplifies and shortens the time involved in getting the appliance ready for deployment.
· For increased remote management functionality, PDS Pilot 2.0 includes backup/restore, syslogging, dial-back modem support, and “live update” like software upgrades using standard RPM files.
· SNMP alerts as interfaces come on and off line.
· SNMP v2 and v3 integration allows the user to receive a wide variety of information to identify appliances, CPU utilisation, hard drive utilisation, processes, RAM utilisation and more to support remote appliance management.
· Supports DHCP environments allowing the PDSes to function as DNS clients, increasing the family’s ability to operate in today’s dynamic networks.
· For forensic analysis, PDS Pilot software allows for the specification of syslogging either locally or remotely.
Intrusion.com, Inc. is a leading global provider of enterprise security solutions for the information-driven economy. Intrusion.com’s suite of security products help businesses protect critical information assets by quickly detecting, analysing and responding to network- and host-based attacks. The company’s products include intrusion detection and vulnerability assessment systems, and modular, scalable security platforms. For more information, please visit http://www.intrusion.com.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.