IBM accelerates the value in procurement and supply chain e-commerce
IBM Global Services today announced a comprehensive suite of business-to-business solutions designed to enable e-marketplaces for companies across EMEA. The IBM Global Services Participant Enablement Portfolio is comprised of modular features to assist businesses plan, design, build and implement a private e-marketplace, or to take advantage of an existing e-marketplace.
In contrast to public exchanges that were primarily developed to generate revenue, today's e-marketplaces have expanded to include private or one-to-many business-to-business e-commerce applications whose primary objective is lowering costs and increasing efficiency between trading partners. These private e-marketplaces often include procurement and
supply chain processes.
"Participants in today's business-to-business e-commerce have to choose the correct strategy and implementation that is most beneficial and suitable for their business model" said Luigi Freguia, VP, Distribution Sector and B2B, IBM EMEA. "These solutions have been specifically developed to support customers across a wide range of maturity in e-marketplaces."
To facilitate a customer's rapid engagement in business-to-business and e-marketplaces exchanges, IBM's solutions are tailored to each customer's business model. The new services range from the development of a business-to-business e-commerce strategy to the operational collaboration between suppliers and buyers.
The solutions are designed for businesses entering the e-marketplace environment for the first time, to businesses wanting to extend their existing system. "IBM Global Services business-to-business solutions help improve our customer's bottom line, by providing options that enable an
effective and efficient deployment of an operational process and system," said Luigi Freguia.
IBM Global Services' Participant Enablement suite includes the following modular features:
- Private e-marketplace Services - design and develop e-marketplace solutions that extend and streamline trading partner processes
- E-marketplace Participant Enablement Readiness Assessment - assesses business and technology impact of introducing an e-marketplace into existing business -to- business trading processes
- E-marketplace Participant Enablement 'Connect' - a browser-based connection to an established private or public e-marketplace for improved access to trading partners
- E-marketplace Participant Enablement 'Interact' - leverages in-place connectivity capabilities to access additional information and transactional detail directly from an e-marketplace's commerce engine
- E-marketplace Participant Enablement 'Integrate' - extends enterprise ystems to enable direct information exchange with the e-marketplace, protecting investment in existing systems and processes, reducing costs and increasing efficiencies
- E-marketplace Participant Enablement 'Collaborate' - extends existing systems and processes to multiple trading partners through an e-marketplace to improve and streamline product development and planning, accelerate speed to market, reduce transaction costs, and aggregate spend
Ref No: 01/159
About IBM Global Services
IBM Global Services is the world's largest information technology provider, with nearly 150.,000 professionals serving customers in 160 countries and annual revenue of more than $33 billion (2000). IBM Global Services integrates IBM's broad range of capabilities - services, hardware, software and research - to help companies of all sizes realise the full value of information technology. For more information, visit: http://www.ibm.com/services
IBM Global Services
Tel: 44 (0)20 7202 6264
Nicky Morgan / Jonathan Batty / Adrian Bridgwater
Brodeur Worldwide (On Behalf of IBM)
Tel: 44 (0)1753 448800
Click on the link below to see this news release as it appears on the Brodeur
News Room website and obtain full contact details.
Click the link below to login and update your company and subject preferences,
or personal details.
Click on the link below to have your login details re-sent to you.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pleon in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.