New technical masterclass sessions for Autumn 2001
Softworld has introduced a new feature to its educational programme for the forthcoming Softworld Accounting & Finance: two technical masterclasses designed specifically for the IT professionals visiting the show (17 – 18 October 2001, Hall 20, NEC, Birmingham).
Dennis Keeling, Chief Executive of BASDA (1) will lead the sessions, which cover the latest developments in finance and e-Commerce technology. This is the first time that BASDA has taken part in the masterclass programme itself, as well as the first time that Softworld has included completely separate technical masterclass offerings in its educational programme.
On the first day Keeling will lead a session called: “A look at the technical issues facing finance:” which will cover issues such as central processing, outsourcing, ASP’s and ERP v Best of Breed, offering impartial advice and information to delegates on how to get the most out of the technology available.
The second session, entitled: “e-Collaboration” will give a definitive account of the latest technical offerings and developments in e-Commerce, providing a platform for all IT personnel to access the benefits of such advancements. The session will cover issues like e-Government (tax, PAYE, VAT and national statistics), e-Business (web shopping, e-Catalogues and e-Procurement), transaction processing (EDI, eBIS-XML – ebXML) and information (XBRL, HR-XML). This session will focus on collaborative initiatives like the House Builders who have come together with their suppliers to set their own XML standards based on ‘open-standards’.
“Traditionally the finance function has attended Softworld hand-in-hand with its IT counterpart” comments Graeme Howe, Deputy Managing Director at organiser’s Imark Communications. “However, the masterclass sessions have always catered primarily for finance professionals with some technical content included for the IT-specific audience. We recognise that there is a need for separate technical sessions aimed specifically at this segment of Softworld visitors, which speak their language and specifically cover the issues they need to know about. BASDA was the perfect choice to lead these sessions, representing the voice for the industry and able to offer information and advice from an unbiased viewpoint.”
BASDA has been involved with Softworld from its beginnings, sharing its expertise with visitors over a number of years through keynote sessions and workshops, but never before playing a part in the masterclass programme. As the standards body for the application software industry, BASDA has developed a number of open standards and initiatives for the market and operates as an information service to the industry.
“The sessions will be invaluable for those technical professionals attending Softworld” says Keeling. “ We will focus on the key issues driving IT change at the moment - not hype but reality. At long last IT can deliver real benefits to the finance function which can be measured and shown on the bottom line”.
As well as an educational programme, Softworld Accounting & Finance comprises an exhibition of more than one hundred leading software suppliers, including Sage, Coda, Epicor, Microsoft Great Plains, Solutions 6, Agresso and Pegasus Software.
Running alongside the event this year is the Softworld HR & Payroll Annual Forum, which comprises and exhibition of 15 key players and a masterclass programme focusing on the latest issues to affect the HR and payroll functions.
For more information, or to pre-register for the event, please visit: http://www.softworld.co.uk or telephone: 07000 763 896.
Notes to Editor
1. BASDA (the Business Applications Software Developers Association) is the international software standards body, based in the UK, representing 370 of the world's leading developers and suppliers of business application software. BASDA has developed standards and accreditations for handling business to business and business to Government e-Commerce, Euro compliance and VAT handling. It provides an information service and runs seminars and workshops for the benefit of its members and business.
For further information, please contact:
Dennis Keeling, Chief Executive, BASDA, Tel: 020 7734 7810, Email: email@example.com
Wendy Haylock, Communications Director, BASDA , Tel: 01628 520276
2. Softworld events are dedicated to software and e-Business solutions. With a ten year history and a dedicated research team, its organisers have developed a detailed understanding of the market, enabling them to assist business and IT professionals in the software buying process.
Forthcoming events include:
- Softworld Accounting & Finance 17 – 18 October 2001, Birmingham NEC
- Softworld HR & Payroll Forum 17 – 18 October 2001, Birmingham NEC
- Softworld HR & Payroll 6 – 7 February 2002, ExCeL, London
- Softworld Accounting & Finance 6 – 7 March 2002, Olympia, London
-Softworld Supply Chain 13 – 14 March 2002, Birmingham NEC
- Customer Supplier Technology 16 – 17 October 2002, Birmingham NEC
3. Imark Communications is an international business-to-business marketing company specialising in the production of highly focused events for the Information Technology and Telecommunications industries. In addition to event production, Imark offers a full spectrum of integrated marketing services to assist companies producing their own events. Imark has offices in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia, which annually produce approximately 100 events in nine countries.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Imark (VNU Exhibitions Europe) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.