New Version 2.0 Provides Mainframe-Calibre Reliability, Availability and Management Tools for Distributed Environments in a Simple, Lightweight, Cost-Effective Solution
Platform Computing, a global leader in distributed resource management (DRM), today announced it has begun commercial shipments of SiteAssure 2.0, the industry’s first high-power/low-footprint solution for actively managing distributed computer systems.
The policy-based event automation system brings the previously absent power of mainframe-class management tools to distributed computing infrastructures. It helps to automatically ensure the availability, reliability and performance of large, complex networks of open systems – all in an exceptionally small footprint that has a negligible impact on the systems it monitors and manages.
Using customisable pre-defined rules, SiteAssure 2.0 effectively monitors the various resources in an enterprise’s distributed computing environment and dynamically adapts as required, based on changing conditions and events. SiteAssure’s core strengths - reliability, availability, scalability and security - make it the ideal solution for large-scale distributed environments.
The new version offers a rich environment for developing and deploying automated management solutions and provides pre-built resource packages - particularly important for applications and devices in electronic design, financial services and e-business. IT managers can deploy these solutions immediately and can extend them with their own site-specific policies.
SiteAssure 2.0 delivers enterprise-class security with built-in support for user-definable encryption, authentication, and access control. Scalable and reliable, the software has a minimal impact on the resources that it monitors. SiteAssure 2.0 can be integrated with existing management frameworks such as Tivoli, CA Unicenter and HP Openview.
Vice president and product line general manager for Platform, Ian Mackay, says, “SiteAssure is specifically designed to actively manage - not just passively monitor - distributed computing environments. Active management extends far beyond merely alerting an IT professional with a blinking screen or a beeper alert. By using rules based on each customer’s IT policies, SiteAssure automatically remedies the situation without human intervention. With SiteAssure, enterprises can capture those manual processes in the form of standard, repeatable and predictable automation rules that execute recovery actions as soon as anomalous conditions are detected.”
“As a user of SiteAssure, I’m excited about the 2.0 release,” says Ed Simko, technical specialist at Prudential Real Estate and Relocation Services. “In particular, the enhanced console functionality and scalability will allow us to more easily deploy, apply and utilise the technology and expertise within our operation.”
SiteAssure 2.0 provides dramatic improvements and enhancements in the following key areas:
· Small Footprint - SiteAssure is the least resource-consumptive solution of its type, ensuring a negligible impact on the resources it monitors and manages.
· Mainframe-Class Manageability - IT professionals have long been accustomed to unified consoles that centrally manage and administer enterprise computing. SiteAssure 2.0 provides similar manageability for next-generation distributed computing architectures.
· Usability - A new console provides maximum ease of use. Simply specify the resources that you have in your site, select the policies you want to run, and deploy them. Easy-to-use wizards simplify the most common management operations. You can also easily include HTTP transaction simulations in automation policies.
· Out-of-Box Functionality - SiteAssure 2.0 includes pre-built policy templates for leading operating systems, applications, and devices in Web and technical computing environments, including:
§ Operating Systems - Microsoft Windows NT and Windows 2000, Sun Solaris, Linux, AIX, IRIX, and HP-UX.
§ Web - Apache, iPlanet, Microsoft Internet Information Server
§ Technical - FLEXlm, Platform LSF
§ Databases - Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server 7
§ Network - SNMP, Cisco Local Director, Cisco CSS Switches
§ Storage - SNMP, NetApp Filter
· Scalability and Reliability - Version 2.0 of SiteAssure features a reduced agent footprint, increased fault tolerance, improved communication architecture, and network-efficient data logging.
· Security - SiteAssure 2.0 runs under a non-root account on UNIX and supports an encrypted agent configuration as well as encrypted communications using either 64-bit or 128-bit CAST. The system allows the end user to specify their preferred encryption using a simple plug-in mechanism. It also supports user- definable authentication schemes. Site Assure provides group-based permissions on all objects in your site and restricts the IP addresses that can make console connections.
About Platform Computing
Platform Computing Inc. is a world leader in DRM software. Platform’s software, LSF and SiteAssure, enables some of the world's most creative companies to maximise the productivity potential of their people, computing resources and processes. Platform’s products provide control of mission-critical hardware, software and network resources. With Platform solutions, customers are able to bridge the worlds of networks, systems, and applications and realise higher availability and performance to achieve their business objectives.
Founded in 1992, Platform has more than 1,500 customers worldwide and has strategic partnerships with Compaq, Sun, IBM, HP and SGI.
For more information, please visit http://www.platform.com
For more information, and photography:
Platform Computing Corporation
+44 (0)1256 370516
Richard Bennett/Tamsin Keynton
Tel: +44 (0)1962 888100
Fax: +44 (0)1962 888125
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MCC International Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.