London August 6, 2001 - The Consultancy Centre at GIS 2001 event will offer visitors the opportunity to obtain free advice from independent consultants who have experience across a multitude of GI industry areas. GIS 2001, in association with the AGI Conference, is the UK's leading spatial business intelligence exhibition and conference (1) and will take place in Earls Court 2, London from 18-20 September 2001.
The Consultancy Centre is independently run and organised by CMP Europe in association with a number of leading associations and industry bodies. Colin Hookham of The Consultancy Centre Group comments, “We are delighted to be involved with ‘The Consultancy Centre' this year at the event. Our advisors will be on hand to talk through projects with visitors helping them avoid costly mistakes by benefiting from their experience and expertise in their fields.”
Advisors and consultants who will be available at the Consultancy Centre for the duration of GIS 2001 include:
- Peter Drew from Yew Tree Consulting
- Nick Walker from Dolphin Consulting Group
- Peter Clegg from Cliffe House Associates
- Robin Waters from RSW Consulting
- Peter Thorp from Peter Thorp Consulting
- Angus McDonald from Calmap
- Colin Hookham from Cambridge Computer Consultants
- Ron Linton from Spatial Geographic Services & Applications
- Alastair Dargie from Boreas Technologies
“With so many key industry figures offering advice there will be even more issues and topics covered in the consultancy centre,” commented Jessica Lonnkvist, Event Manager for GIS 2001. “This year consultancy centre will enable visitors to learn from a wider-ranging and more experienced consultant base to cover any issues they may have.”
The Consultancy Centre forms part of GIS 2001’s extensive program where visitors will benefit from free educational areas and information zones designed to add value and make the event an informed, motivated and worthwhile experience.
Other Features at GIS 2001 will include:
- The AGI Conference - with high level workshops and case studies.
- 'First Steps' seminar sessions in association with Ordnance Survey on how to get started with GIS.
- The LBS Pavilion supported by the WAP Group.
- Space & Remote Sensing Feature in association with BNSC.
- The Solutions Centre officially sponsored by GEO Europe in association with Kingston University.
- The Public Sector Information Zone in association with NLUD, NLIS, NLPG and IGGI.
- Over 100 of the key vendors in Europe.
For more information about GIS 2001, or to register for free entry into the event, please visit http://www.gisexpo.com or telephone 0870 4294568.
Notes to Editors
(1) GIS 2000, in association with the AGI conference, was held 26th – 28th September at Earls Court 2. It featured over 130 exhibitors and had 3 392 visitors, (ABC Audited), an increase of 12% from 1999 visitor numbers.
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd. has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful events and publications in the UK include Com Europe and Call Centre Focus magazines and Networks Telecom Europe, GIS, Call Centre Expo and Technology For Marketing events.
CMP Europe Ltd is a leading provider of business to business marketing services and information to the hi-tech markets of IT, electronics and games. The expanding range of events, publications and on-line services benefit from CMP’s strong industry focus and, as part of CMP Media Inc, a unique global and regional reach. CMP Europe was formerly the IT, electronics and games interests of Miller Freeman UK. Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com
CMP Media Inc. (http://
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager, Tel 020 8987 7617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen Just, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7745, email@example.com
Jason Lee, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7635, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Information Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.