Free engine provides unmatched performance for Java-based Web Services
London, August 7, 2001 -- SilverStream Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: SSSW), today announced the availability of jBroker® Web 1.0, a high-performance, portable Web Services engine and tools designed to build and run Web Services using Java. jBroker Web provides unmatched performance and can be deployed on standard J2EE application servers.
jBroker Web provides a standards-compliant, Web Services runtime with a small footprint and flexible architecture. It is a complete XML Remote Procedure Call (RPC) environment for building and running Web Services using Java. Based on the Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI) programming model, jBroker Web invokes Web Services like any other remote object to speed and simplify the development of Web Services.
“jBroker Web is a key piece of technology for anyone involved in the development of Java-based Web Services,” said Rohit Garg, vice president of Java technologies for SilverStream Software. “This new solution truly raises the bar in terms of scaleability and interoperability for Web Services and gives developers a free resource for taking Java applications to the next level.”
Some of the key features of jBroker Web 1.0 include:
· the ability to generate a Web Service from any Java class including EJB (enterprise Java beans)
· the ability to generate a Java client to access a Web Service from a WSDL file
· a high performance, scaleable SOAP 1.1 runtime with 4-6 times the performance of Apache SOAP
· interoperability with several SOAP implementations including Apache and Microsoft
· the ability to use J2EE security features for authentication and access control
· deployment into standard J2EE application servers including SilverStream, IBM's WebSphere, BEA's WebLogic, Oracle 9iAS, Apache Tomcat and others
jBroker Web is also fully integrated with the SilverStream Application Server and provides the Web Services engine for the SilverStream eXtend™ product line, including the SilverStream eXtend Workbench. SilverStream eXtend is the first complete and integrated services environment that enables organisations to exploit the value of existing systems and deliver business applications to any user on any device or platform.
jBroker Web is free and available now for download at http://extend.silverstream.com
For organisations interested in licensing jBroker Web for commercial use, please telephone Bob Morris (USA) on 001 978-262-3000 or David Stone (UK) on 01442 860500
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Portfolio Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.