Case study led programme reveals topical call and contact centre issues, presented by leading industry experts (9-10 October 2001, NEC, Birmingham)
Call Centre Expo 2001, the UK’s biggest and best telebusiness and customer contact management event (1), has a notable list of speakers presenting at its conference this year. The conference will showcase leading industry experts who will present up-to-the-minute, topical issues facing the call and contact centre industry today.
With over 80% of the conference programme being case study led, speakers will enlighten delegates by using real-life examples from Thomas Cook, NatWest, British Gas, Orange, DHL, Apple, Reader's Digest, NTL Group, WorldCom, Friends Provident, Equifax, One2One, Nationwide Building Society, NFU Mutual Direct, PPP healthcare, JCB, Abbey National, MM Group and American Express Sharepeople, amongst others…
The majority of the conference is structured into hour-long sessions, covering three distinct conference tracks, they are: 1) People and Workplace, sponsored by Academee; 2) Business Process and Strategy, sponsored by CustomerAsset; and 3) Call and Contact Centre Technologies, sponsored by Syntellect.
The people issues…a preview
- Richard White, Director of Recall Recruitment, will present: "How to win employees and influence candidates - a guide to strategic recruitment".
- Mark Alcorn, Project Director of Interdec and Mike Pike, Call Centre Manager of NFU Mutual Direct will present: "How call centre design can influence staff retention".
- Ian McLarty, Contact Centre Training Manager of Nationwide Building Society will present: "Learning to delight your customers".
- Don Edwards, Principal Consultant of AG Solutions will present: "It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it. That's what gets results".
- Elke Anderson, Director of Blue Sky Consulting presents: "Truly delivering a first class service".
The business issues…a preview
- Christine Chapman, Consultancy Services Manager of Blue Pumpkin and John Johnson, Forecasting & Planning Manager of Apple will present: "Using workforce management to control 100,000 calls, 11 multi-lingual desks and 350 agents at Apple's European technical support centre".
- Mike Havard, Group Managing Director of Outsourcing Insight Ltd presents: "Call Centre Outsourcing - the climate drivers and routes for success".
- Matthew Vallance, Managing Director of CustomerAsset will present: "Offshore Outsourcing in Practise".
- Rolf Gerritsen, Chief Executive of PMI Management Consultancy Ltd presents: "Improving performance - a call centre case study".
The technology issues…a preview
- Geoff Eagland, Global Channels, Aspect Communications UK Ltd and Stephanie Rouse, Operations Director, MM Group present: "Prioritising and personalising customer contacts in a multichannel customer contact centre: some real life examples".
- Katrin Burton, International Sales Manager CT Connect, Intel Corporation (formerly Dialogic) presents: "VoIP-enabling CRM applications using next generation CTI software".
- David Mackenzie, Futurologist. Principal Consultant and Founder, CT Consulting will present: "IP-ACD and IP CENTREX - a technology for the 21st century, but is it right for you?"
- Richard J Patterson, Managing Director (Commercial) of HelpMagic.com Ltd presents: "Creating a competitive advantage through web-enabling your call centre".
- Ellis "Skip" Cave, Senior Principal Engineer, InterVoice-Brite Inc will present: "Natural language technology and the call centre".
There will also be half-day executive masterclasses lasting 3 hours and aimed at senior decision-makers. These interactive workshop style sessions will incorporate group discussions, debates, break-out sessions and team work. The sessions will give a detailed and practical working plan that can be taken away for immediate use within a delegate's own organisation
The sessions will cover call centre start-ups, multi-channel contact centres, CRM strategies and people management issues. Speakers include:
- Becky Simpson, Managing Consultant of Improvement Solutions will present: "Short-circuiting the learning curve - common call centre start-up mistakes and how to avoid them".
- Graham Hoskins, Managing Director of Aura Consulting presenting: "From call centre to multi-channel contact centres - how to avoid pitfalls and measure success, a real-life case study".
- Neil Finnie and Liz Christie from The Customer Contact Company (c3), will present: "Turning your customer contact strategy into a reality - the implementation maze".
- Costas Johnson, Managing Director of Qualtrack Ltd presents: "Implementing a quality improvement programme to achieve consistency in customer experience".
New for 2001 and specifically targeted at everyone interested in the sales and marketing functions of call centres, the Sales and Marketing Conference Sessions will use real case study material to demonstrate practical ways of how a call centre can benefit these functions. Topics like telemarketing, proactive CRM, converting customer service calls into sales opportunities and telemarketing to the mobile generation will be covered.
Kate Watts, Conference and Projects Manager for Call Centre Expo 2001 Conference, enthused: "With these high calibre speakers, the Conference will present the perfect platform for those concerned with call & contact centres to learn about some of the hottest issues facing the industry. The speakers' comprehensive knowledge and expertise promises an exciting and thought-provoking programme that will help educate delegates and bring them up to speed with what is happening in this fast moving industry".
Last year's programme was a sell out with more that 470 delegates attending. Delegate numbers are limited this year and so early booking is recommended. (Bookings can be made online at http://www.callcentre-expo.com or by ringing 0870 429 4520.)
Notes to Editors
(1) Call Centre Expo 2000 was held at the NEC Birmingham 19th –20th September. 6,088 people attended the show (ABC audited) with 157 exhibitors.
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd. has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful events and publications in the UK include Com Europe and Call Centre Focus magazines and Networks Telecom Europe, GIS, Call Centre Expo and Technology For Marketing events.
CMP Europe Ltd is a leading provider of business to business marketing services and information to the hi-tech markets of IT, electronics and games. The expanding range of events, publications and on-line services benefit from CMP’s strong industry focus and, as part of CMP Media Inc, a unique global and regional reach. CMP Europe was formerly the IT, electronics and games interests of Miller Freeman UK. Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com . CMP Media Inc. (http://www.cmp.com) is part of United Business Media, formally United News & Media plc. Further information can be found at http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager, Tel 020 8987 7617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen Just, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7745, email@example.com
Jason Lee, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7635, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Information Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.