Tivoli® and F5 Networks Launch Alliance to Help
Deliver High Availability, Performance, and Simplified
Management to e-Business Applications and Services
Alliance Leverages Tivoli’s Leadership in Security, Performance and Availability Management; F5 Networks’ Strength in Intelligent Internet Traffic and Content Management
Asia Pacific – August 28, 2001–Tivoli Systems Inc, an IBM (NYSE: IBM) company, and F5 Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:FFIV), today announced an alliance to deliver e-business infrastructure management offerings to enterprises throughout Asia Pacific.
The alliance unites F5’s internet traffic & content management (iTCM) capabilities with Tivoli’s leading e-business infrastructure management software. The offerings will feature mission-critical elements such as security, performance, availability, intelligent traffic and content management and load balancing for IP networks. The solutions will enable enterprises, emerging e-businesses and service providers to realise the benefits of assured quality of service levels together with a secure, high performance IP network.
“Today’s enterprises need to build and maintain robust, secure and competitive e-business infrastructures that reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction,” said Graeme Beardsell, director, Telecommunications Solutions, Tivoli Asia Pacific. “F5’s iTCM products, combined with Tivoli’s leading e-business infrastructure software, can help customers to increase revenue, profitability and customer loyalty.”
The solutions incorporate Tivoli’s flagship security management solution Tivoli Policy Director and Tivoli performance and availability management tools such as Tivoli Web Services Manager, Tivoli Web Services Analyser, Tivoli Enterprise Console and Tivoli Distributed Monitoring with F5’s award-winning BIG-IP® Controller and iControl™.
“The combined solution offerings from Tivoli and F5 sets a powerful precedent by breaking down the walls between applications and networks, so application errors and system downtime can be minimized and addressed before the customer is even aware of any problems,” said Tim Goodwin, president, F5 Networks Japan K.K. “The enormous popularity of accessing the Internet through mobile phones in Japan (with over 62 million users of NTT's DoCoMo mobile Internet service alone) has created different infrastructure requirements for service providers and content providers. The net result is that customers have all their bases covered from application and systems monitoring perspective- it’s all automated.”
“The alliance between Tivoli and F5 fulfils the missing link between the separate realms of application software and networks; now making it possible for them to communicate,” said Shuji Arima, senior vice president, Marketing Headquarters IX, NTT-ME Corporation. “Clearly, in today’s market, there is an escalating need for stringent security and manageability for the complex networks being deployed. We are particularly excited about these new solutions, coupled with the expertise that our company brings to E-Commerce site creation. We look forward to the ensuing developments.”
“The joint effort by F5 Networks and Tivoli to offer intelligent Internet administration solutions using iControl is very exciting news,” said Mr. Tsuyoshi Yoshizawa, senior manager, Computer Network Department, Tokyo Electron Ltd. “The convenience of being able to handle Internet maintenance via a mobile platform, such as i-Mode for example, is one of the many valuable possibilities that this relationship enables. We anticipate great things from this alliance.”
“We are always looking for ways to help our customers reduce costs and streamline their network infrastructure,” said Mr. Koitabashi, deputy general manager, Networks Solutions Department at EC Architects Corporation (Softbank Technology Group). “The cooperative effort between Tivoli and F5 Networks will enable us to deliver state-of-the-art, application-aware Internet infrastructure solutions designed to help drive down the total cost of ownership by creating greater efficiencies between the network and applications.”
· BIG-IP® Controller: Optimises server availability and performance, ensuring that applications and servers respond quickly, with the correct content. BIG-IP sits between the network and server farm, continuously monitoring each server and/or network device to ensure availability and performance, and routes incoming queries to the most available server.
· iControl: An open SDK (software developers kit) that provides an interface between 3rd party solutions and F5’s suite of Internet Traffic and Content Management (iTCM) products. This interface creates the opportunity for application developers, ISV's, hardware manufacturers, service providers, and others to add value to their solutions by allowing them to communicate directly with F5’s iTCM product suite. By allowing this communication, it becomes possible to eliminate manual intervention between the application or hardware, and the traffic management components. Instead of wasting your technical staff's valuable time on day-to-day tasks like server maintenance, you can automate activities that until now required human intervention.
· Tivoli Policy Director: Secure access management solution enables businesses to control wired and wireless access – including iMode support – to e-business applications and data across their extended enterprise.
· Tivoli Web Services Manager: Solution provides availability and performance monitoring of Web-based applications enabling e-businesses to measure and report on the quality of their users’ service experience from their perspective.
· Tivoli Web Services Analyser: Solution helps e-businesses understand Web services performance and availability in the context of overall activity of their Web environment. It correlates Web server log file information with performance information provided by Tivoli Web Services Manager to examine how well a Web infrastructure is supporting e-business initiatives.
· Tivoli Enterprise Console: Solution provides a centralised point of control and is designed to help enterprises to quickly determine the root cause of problems so the problems can be fixed quickly to minimise business impact.
· Tivoli Distributed Monitoring: Solution enables enterprises to centrally monitor mission-critical resources, define automated responses and deploy the policies to the targeted systems helping enterprises to increase efficiency and productivity of the operating staff.
About F5 Networks
F5 Networks is the leader in Internet Traffic and Content Management (iTCM), and delivers application aware networks through its open Internet Control Architecture. F5 features the industry's leading set of integrated products and services that manage, control and optimise Internet traffic and content. Our solutions automatically and intelligently deliver the best possible Internet performance, availability and content distribution for service providers, enterprises and e-businesses. Our products remove bandwidth congestion and optimise the availability and speed of mission-critical Internet servers and applications, including web publishing, content delivery, e-commerce, caching, firewalls and more. Our solutions are widely deployed in large enterprises, the top service providers, financial institutions, government agencies, healthcare, and portals throughout the world.
The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, and has offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
F5 Networks is located on the web at http://www.f5.com
About Tivoli Systems Inc.
As an integral part of the comprehensive IBM e-business infrastructure solution, Tivoli technology management software helps traditional enterprises, emerging e-businesses, and Internet businesses worldwide to maximise their existing and future technology investments. Backed by world-class IBM services, support and research, Tivoli software provides a seamlessly integrated, flexible and secure e-business infrastructure management solution that connects employees, partners and customers. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Tivoli is an IBM (NYSE: IBM) company.
For more information, visit http://www.tivoli.com
Tivoli is a registered trademark of Tivoli Systems Inc. IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation. Other corporate names and product names are the trademarks of their respective owners.
For further information on this news release, please contact:
Director of Communications, Asia Pacific
F5 Networks, Inc.
Communications Manager, Tivoli Asia Pacific
F5 Networks Limited
01784 497 218
020 8286 3212
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of ACC, The in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.