London, August 29, 2001. Over 20% of the exhibitors at GIS 2001, the UK’s leading spatial business intelligence exhibition, will be launching new product and services at this year’s event. Visitors will be able see the latest solutions and experience hands on just some of the latest technologies on offer from this unique industry.
New developments for the internet, location based services, the growing demand to exploit value from customer information and the growth of enterprise-wide business intelligence application that can integrate with GIS, are all fuelling the growth in the spatial intelligence market and have created many opportunities for the industry. A number of exhibitors who are planning product and service launches at GIS 2001 will aim to address the opportunities brought on by these developments and meet the increasing demands of the market.
“It is great to see so many companies using GIS 2001 as a launch platform for their new products and services,” commented Jessica Lonnkvist, Event Manager for GIS 2001. “I believe this reinforces GIS’s position in the industry as the event where companies are able to gain maximum exposure to their target audience.”
Product Launches planned at GIS 2001 to date…
* Apic (Stand E20): Launching APIC-Shift, a product to provide solutions to GIS users who have problems caused by significant changes to background mapping.
* Cadcorp (Stand H5): Will be launching DNF read and write capability with Cadcorp SIS – Spatial Information System, ideal for the release of OS DNF products later this year.
* Geocat (standH22a): Will be launching new look short GIS training courses.
* GGP Systems (Stand J10): GGP Systems will be launching GGPNet, an Internet/Intranet GIS application aimed at local authorities.
* ERADAS Ltd (Stand F2): Launching ERDAS IMAGINE version 8.5, with several powerful feature enhancements, including advanced 3D visualization and scene creation capabilities, new space-saving features using the MrSID compressor (Lizardtech, Inc.), and major new upgrades to the mosaicking tool.
* Getmapping Plc (Stand H17): Launching Imagexpress, our groundbreaking e-delivery service for aerial photography, on stand H17 on Tuesday 18 September.
* GMAP Consulting (Stand H20): GMAP Consulting, will be taking this opportunity to launch MICROVISION. MICROVISION provides a business decision-making solution that combines advanced GIS, geodemographics and bespoke modelling capabilities within a single desktop application.
* Kingswood MapMechanics (Stand D25): First Showing of the new Ordnance Survey Internet Street Mapping dataset; New enhancement, W@M technology, to strengthen the GeoConcept geographic information system; GeoConcept Logistics - A new product due to be unveiled in the GeoConcept portfolio; Full unveiling of a new service under which Kingswood MapMechanics will be able to supply AA Roadwatch traffic data to customer in near-real time.
* Laser-Scan (Stand G5): Launching a new Java-based product family designed to provide access to its powerful Gothic database via a modern desktop environment.
* Lockheed Martin M&DS (Stand D16): Launching Carterra Analyst – as end-to-end integration tool kit.
* MapInfo (Stand E12): Launching NEW MapInfo Professional 6.5 which offers amongst other benefits improved visualisation, flexibility, analysis, integrity, functionality and usability.
* National Land Information Services (Stand C18): formal launch of NLIS will take place during late Summer/Autumn 2001 and could therefore take place around the same time as GIS2001.
* Ordnance Survey (Stand D32): Ordnance Survey will launch the products, services and prices of the Digital National Framework (DNF) which will be available from November.
* SIA Limited (Stand H11): New products/releases to be launched at the GIS 2001 show include: dataMAP WebViewer, dataMAP Statistical Analysis Module and dataMAP V3.0 (OCX-model)
* Safe Software Inc (Stand 24): Safe will be promoting the 2001 release of our FME Suite and SpatialDirect product lines.
* School of Geography, Birkbeck College (Stand H22d): Will be launching Postgraduate Diploma in Geo-information and Policy Analysis.
* Systems Options Ltd (Stand G22 & G23): Launching new version of the WINGS GIS. This new system is OpenGIS compatible.
* TENET ITMapping (Stand H9): launching a NEW ‘plug and play’ map server for the automatic serving of both raster and vector data sets in Web based applications.
* TELE ATLAS (Stand H28): Launch of Multinet product in Shapefile format Multinet in shapefile format will offer the complete high-end Tele Atlas database contents, structured according to a ready-to-use layered data model and in a standard GIS format.
* The GeoInformation Group (Stand D15): Launching a range of new city focused databases that enhance and compliment the core products within the CRWorld brand including NEW historical aerial databases, building height and building classification datasets, land use covers and many more.
* The Data Depot (Stand H18): Launching a unique data set of key demographic counts, bringing census demographic information into the new millennium.
* UK Perspectives (Stand E22): plans to launch a new online delivery service for MAPS® imagery and other related data sets.
* VIDEORoute/SDS (Stand J18): Launching a new version of VideRoute, which is an easy deployable inspection and analysis tool, linking moving video imagery to a scanned in image.
Notes to Editor
(1) GIS 2000, in association with the AGI conference, was held 26th – 28th September at Earls Court 2. It featured over 130 exhibitors and had 3,392 visitors, (ABC Audited), an increase of 12% from 1999 visitor numbers.
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd. has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful events and publications in the UK include Com Europe and Call Centre Focus magazines and Networks Telecom Europe, GIS, Call Centre Expo and Technology For Marketing events.
CMP Europe Ltd is a leading provider of business to business marketing services and information to the hi-tech markets of IT, electronics and games. The expanding range of events, publications and on-line services benefit from CMP’s strong industry focus and, as part of CMP Media Inc, a unique global and regional reach. CMP Europe was formerly the IT, electronics and games interests of Miller Freeman UK.
Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com
CMP Media Inc. (www.cmp.com) is part of United Business Media, formally United News & Media plc.
Further information can be found at http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com
CMP Europe Limited:
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager, Tel: 020 8987 7617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen Just, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7745, email@example.com
Jason Lee, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7635, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Information Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.