Technical Aid International Ltd., a leading recruitment agency, will pay for any new or existing contractor on assignment with them to become members of the Professional Contractors Group.
The partnership between Technical Aid and the PCG will deliver free PCG
membership (worth £100 per year) to its contractors as part of the agency's
ongoing effort to improve services to contractors.
The recruitment agency will pay the membership fee for each new contractor
that is placed on assignment and for existing Technical Aid International
contractors already on assignment with PCG membership renewals falling between
now and 31 December, 2001.
PCG membership includes:
· Access to the latest news, views and discussion forums
· Discounted Professional Indemnity Insurance
· Discounted Public Liability Insurance
· Discounted Employers' Liability Insurance
· Tax Investigation Insurance
· Comprehensive advice and resources on IR35
· Tax & Legal Advice
· Independent Accounting Advice
PCG Director, Richard Robson, welcomed the promotion saying,
want to work with agencies who understand their concerns. Tech Aid has
really grasped the initiative and shown it is willing to support the
contractor, both short and long term. New members will benefit from PCG
services and over time, I am sure Tech Aid clients will find the contractors
more professional and better informed as a result."
David Keeble of Technical Aid International said,
"We recognise the need to expand traditional contractor care packages to include membership of the recruitment industry's only professional body for contractors. We are delighted to be the first recruitment agency to support the PCG and contractors in this fashion."
Notes to Editors;
1. The Professional Contractors Group was formed in May 1999 to lobby
against the Government's IR35 proposals. It is a non-party political group and its patrons are cross-bench peer, Lord Weatherill, former Speaker of the House of Commons and industrial guru Sir John Harvey-Jones.
Since its formation it has evolved into the representative body for independent
contractors from many disciplines including IT and engineering on many
issues affecting the knowledge-based sector. PCG is the fastest growing
trade association in the country and now has 14,000 members.
2. The PCG's aim is to work for proper recognition of independent
contractors as a genuine and valuable sector of the economy, generating
wealth and employment, providing industry with a flexible workforce. The
internet has been the primary resource, providing fast, effective communication.
3. Technical Aid International Ltd. is a US company founded in 1969, specializing in contract professionals for engineering and manufacturing applications for today's industry. From R&D to product development to production it has, on average, 20,000 contract professionals working at any one time. It is a subsidiary of TAC Worldwide.
4. TAC Worldwide is one of the world's largest staffing services providers with 125 offices providing services in 50 states and 22 countries throughout North America, Europe and Southeast Asia.
For media enquiries contact:
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Webtastic in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.