Updated ‘Storage Architecture Guide’ Covers Convergence of NAS and SAN,
Fibre Channel vs. Ethernet Storage Networks, Universal Data Sharing and Other Topics
Aldermaston, September 19, 2001 — Auspex Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: ASPX), a provider of Network Attached Storage (NAS) solutions, this week released a free 61-page report designed to help enterprises plan their data storage strategies. Available for download at www.auspex.com, the second edition of the company’s Storage Architecture Guide provides in-depth technical and business benefits discussions of the differences between Direct Attached Storage (DAS), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Storage Area Networks (SAN). The report also covers the latest issues in enterprise data storage. Topics new to this edition include:
· The current state of NAS and SAN integration
· Choosing the best storage architecture strategy to prepare for NAS and SAN convergence
· Balancing business benefits and IT infrastructure benefits in storage strategy
· The emerging battle between Fibre Channel SANs and Ethernet based SANs
· Universal Data Sharing in large-scale applications in streaming media, MCAD, ECAD, software development, and oil and gas
· Restrictions in data sharing scalability that prevent large-scale Universal Data Sharing from being realized
· The differing data sharing capabilities of EMC’s Celerra, Network Appliance’s F800 series and the Auspex NS3000
The Guide also includes an informative glossary of terms, 24 color illustrations, several highly detailed comparison charts and technical appendices facilitating a quick understanding of key storage architecture issues affecting availability, performance, manageability and cost.
“The new edition of Auspex’s Storage Architecture Guide provides a fresh look at NAS and SAN integration, and the emerging role of IP storage as a complement to Fibre Channel SAN,” said Brad Nisbet, senior research analyst at IDC. “It also redefines scalability to include the need for large-scale multilingual Universal Data Sharing enabling user-controlled access to any file at any time from a single data image with full read/write privileges.”
About Auspex Systems
Auspex introduced the world’s first NAS server a decade ago and is the network storage server of choice for Global 500 companies, including customers in the software development, oil and gas exploration, semiconductor, manufacturing and Internet industries. Auspex’s enterprise-level, multi-terabyte solutions are designed for storage applications requiring secure Windows and UNIX data sharing.
For further information please call +44 (0) 118 940 7300 or visit http://www.auspex.com
MEDIA CONTACT –
Rose Ross, Auspex Press Office
Tel: 020 8255 5225
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Omarketing Limited in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.