Travel InfoSystems Empowers Travelers with Radical New Version of RailPlanner
Travel InfoSystems, the travel planning software provider for UK’s public transport networks, today announced the release of the latest version of RailPlanner, its top-selling journey planning software. The recent move of RailPlanner to a 32-bit platform has allowed Travel InfoSystems to add radical new functionality to the software.
The latest version of RailPlanner is the one of the most innovative and traveler-friendly information systems ever produced by Travel InfoSystems, empowering the traveler with more information and new functionality. With the latest version, users will be able to locate a station by postcode or town name for their starting point and destination, choose to travel with a preferred train operator, and when they reach the last station have taxi details at hand for the final stretch.
The new and improved features apply to the Windows PC version of RailPlanner and will be available in the new enhanced Internet version as well:
- New Train Operator Selection facility, which allows travelers to exclude certain Train Operating Companies or specify just one preferred operator for the selected journey.
- New Town Location facility allowing travelers to specify departure, arrival or via locations to provide you with the nearest stations.
- Improved print facilities and modified print layouts.
- Enhanced station facilities information, which now includes information on parking, bicycle storage, staffing, reservations, etc.
- Enhanced ‘Don’t Stop At’ and ‘Don’t Change At’ facility that allows faster station selection.
- New Web Links facility with links to useful websites such as the Train Operating Companies and the Travel InfoSystem’s website. It also allows travelers to save the addresses of their favourite sites.
- Enhanced security features for better and easier IT administration.
- A free trial of the Traintaxi database developed by Peterborough businessman Paul Bakker, which allows travelers to print taxi contact information to take with them on the journey.
Terry Hiles, Managing Director, Travel InfoSystems, says, “We are seeking to position ourselves as a major player in the passenger information systems market. In the past we have primarily been known for RailPlanner, the UK’s best-selling journey planning software. This latest update reflects Travel InfoSystems forward thinking strategy for 'more intelligent' journey planning solutions for the passenger information systems market as outlined in recent government initiatives like Transport Direct. We have ambitious plans for achieving our aims and have a number of products in the pipeline, including a new PDA version of TubePlanner, and CityPlanner, a multi-modal door-to-door journey planner that includes full address management using technology developed by our sister company, Capscan”.
About Travel InfoSystems
Travel InfoSystems is a leading provider of interactive travel planning solutions to commercial and public sector organisations. They are the producers of RailPlanner, the UK’s best-selling rail travel software and TubePlanner, an award winning London journey planner. City Planner has recently been added to this collection of products, and is a new solution that enables users to plan multi-modal travel around London or other major UK cities. Their portfolio of products and services include new media solutions for the Web and WAP, and software for PCs and handheld devices. Travel InfoSystems also have extensive experience in networked and Intranet solutions as well as in the development of customised and branded products for both internal and external corporate use.
For further information call: 020 7428 1288
Or check the web site at: http://www.travelinfosystems.com
Review copy, additional interviews and photography are available from Richard Bennett or Tamsin Keynton at MCC International Ltd.
Richard Bennett / Tamsin Keynton
MCC International Ltd
Tel: 01962 888100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org tamsin
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of MCC International Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.