People & Workplace issues discussed at Call Centre Expo UK 2001 Conference
The 'People & Workplace' conference sessions at Call Centre Expo UK 2001 will showcase presentations by leading industry experts discussing the latest people-issues facing the call and contact centre industry today. Call Centre Expo UK 2001 will take place from 9-10 October, NEC, Birmingham.
The 'People & Workplace' conference sessions, sponsored by Academee, are aimed specifically at those interested in overcoming people and workplace issues, and will cover topics such as recruitment, training, motivation and office environment. The speaker panel includes:
* Richard White, Director of Recall Recruitment, will present: "How to win employees and influence candidates - a guide to strategic recruitment…" White will discuss new and innovative solutions to help businesses examine what employees really want from their working life, and how to recruit and retain a higher standard of call centre agent.
* Mark Alcorn, Project Director of Interdec and Mike Pike, Call Centre Manager of NFU Mutual Direct will present: "How call centre design can influence staff retention". Alcorn and Pike will look at the influence design has on staff, management and new recruits, and they will examine call centre design excellence and present real-life cases from - NFU Mutual, Thomson/Lunn Poly and Sky.
* Ian McLarty, Contact Centre Training Manager of Nationwide Building Society will present: "Learning to delight your customers". McLarty will examine the necessity of developing a learning culture and how this will raise staff performance. He will also look at evaluating the impact of training and coaching in the workplace.
* Don Edwards, Principal Consultant of AG Solutions will present: "It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it. That's what gets results!" Based on practical experience, Edwards will challenge the view that buying expensive packages, and/or the latest leading edge technology is the only way to provide good quality customer service in a call centre environment.
* Elke Anderson, Director of Blue Sky Consulting presents: "Truly delivering a first class service". Anderson will share the experiences and lessons learned by Thomas Cook that enabled then to win the European Call Centre of the Year Platinum Award, not just once, but twice in succession.
In addition to the 'People & Workplace' sessions, there will also be Call & Contact Centre Technology, Business Process & Strategy and Sales & Marketing sessions - each session lasting one hour.
Another part of the educational forum are the half-day Executive Masterclasses, aimed at senior call & contact centre decision-makers. These will incorporate group discussions, debates, break-out sessions and team work. Sessions will aim to give a detailed and practical working plan that can be taken away for immediate use within a delegate's own organisation.
With over 80% of the conference programme being case study led, speakers will enlighten delegates by using real-life examples from Thomas Cook, NatWest, British Gas, Orange, DHL, Apple, Reader's Digest, NTL Group, Friends Provident, Equifax, One2One, Nationwide Building Society, NFU Mutual Direct, PPP healthcare, JCB, Abbey National, MM Group and American Express Sharepeople, amongst others…
Last year's programme was a sell out with more that 470 delegates attending. Delegate numbers are limited this year and so early booking is recommended. (Bookings can be made online at www.callcentre-expo.com or by ringing 0870 429 4520.)
Call Centre Expo (1) is also a finalist in the prestigious Marketing Event Awards for categories: "Best Exhibition Marketing Campaign" and "Best Business Exhibition".
Notes to Editors
(1) Call Centre Expo 2000 was held at the NEC Birmingham 19th –20th September. 6,088 people attended the show (ABC audited) with 157 exhibitors.
About CMP Europe Ltd
CMP Europe Ltd. has more than 20 years of experience in producing industry leading, business-to-business events and publications that reflect the rapidly changing and diverse market of IT. The Company remains at the forefront of the industry by continuously developing existing events and adding new products to its portfolio. CMP’s current successful events and publications in the UK include Call Centre Focus magazine and Networks Telecom Europe, GIS, Call Centre Expo UK and Technology For Marketing events, and PR Audit.
CMP Europe Ltd is a leading provider of business to business marketing services and information to the hi-tech markets of IT, electronics and games. The expanding range of events, publications and on-line services benefit from CMP’s strong industry focus and, as part of CMP Media Inc, a unique global and regional reach.
Further information about CMP Europe can be found at http://www.cmp-europe.com
CMP Media Inc. (http://www.cmp.com) is part of United Business Media. Further information can be found at http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com
Toni Cullen, Senior PR Manager, Tel 020 8987 7617, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colleen Just, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7745, email@example.com
Jason Lee, PR Executive, Tel: 020 8987 7635, firstname.lastname@example.org
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of CMP Information Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.