CacheFlow launches enhanced security for enterprise Content Delivery Networks
First to support encrypted and authenticated content caching
26 September 2001 – CacheFlow Inc., a provider of content-smart networking solutions, today announced new security features for its cIQ Content Delivery Architecture. The advanced features complement existing cIQ security services, making CacheFlow the first content delivery vendor to offer a comprehensive model for securing an enterprise content delivery network, including integrated encryption and delivery of authenticated content. Enterprises can now securely distribute, manage and control the delivery of mission-critical business content providing increased scalability, reduced costs and a better quality of experience for users without having to invest in dedicated VPN hardware or software.
"We have been using the new software for some time and its authentication system integrated with our Lotus Notes employee group lists are very important to us. We are investigating the use of CacheFlow's streaming support to help save WAN bandwidth and ensure streaming performance is improved for council employees and library users”, said Phil Smith, Internet Services Manager, Nottinghamshire County Council.
“The cIQ architecture has been built with security in mind, offering CacheFlow customers the ability to accelerate and secure user access to specific content,” said Nigel Hawthorn, Marketing Director, EMEA at CacheFlow. “By including additional security features, CacheFlow is now enabling our customers to protect network resources from malicious users, reduce legal liabilities, and secure sensitive corporate information with encryption and authentication. Our emphasis on security combined with support for streaming should allow enterprises to take advantage of the increasing use of video and audio streaming.”
Setting the standard for content-smart networks within the enterprise, CacheFlow's Content Delivery Network (CDN) product portfolio allows an organization to evolve an existing intranet into a dedicated content distribution network - securely connecting users at corporate headquarters, remote offices and business partners with the web and multimedia content they need. CacheFlow’s cIQ™ Content Delivery Architecture offers comprehensive security features including:
· Caching & acceleration of secure, encrypted, and authenticated content (enhanced and unique to CacheFlow) allows enterprises to distribute encrypted content closer to users. By adding support for authenticated content, CacheFlow is the only content delivery vendor to offer caching for both encrypted and authenticated content, enabling organisations to provide browser-based, secure access to information without dedicated VPN hardware and software.
· Active Content Controls (new) allow administrators to protect end-user machines from active content that could download malicious code such as computer viruses.
· Identity Masking (new) features prevent unwanted distribution of information about internal end-users, such as internal email addresses.
· User Authentication (enhanced) via popular authentication mechanisms including LDAP, RADIUS, and Microsoft NTLM allows enterprises to define user access policies for distributed content and provide single sign on solutions for Microsoft environments.
· Integrated SSL Acceleration (enhanced) allows organisations to scale secure sites without sacrificing performance by offloading key negotiation and encryption processing from origin servers. Enhancements include TLS (Transport Layer Security) Support, SGC/ISU (Server-Gated-Cryptography/ International-Step-Up) Certificate Support, and Security Certificate Chaining and Forwarding.
· Denial of Service protection (enhanced) distinguishes between valid and malicious connections, servicing users while preventing sites from crashing during hacker-initiated DOS attacks.
· Content Filtering (enhanced) allows enterprises to improve employee productivity and minimize legal liability by restricting access to inappropriate content.
· Secure device management (enhanced) all CacheFlow appliances support SSH and SSL-based management interfaces to ensure that only CDN operators have access to device configurations.
· Advanced logging facilities (enhanced) provide security administrators with audit trails to track and prevent unauthorised use and/or access.
Pricing and Availability
Security services are an integral part of CacheFlow’s cIQ Content Delivery Architecture and are available today in the latest software releases. All existing customers can download the new software free of charge from http://download.cacheflow.com - new customers should contact CacheFlow sales representatives or channel partners.
About CacheFlow Inc.
CacheFlow is focused on content-smart networking--a new layer of infrastructure for intelligently accelerating, delivering, and managing static, streaming, and dynamic content. CacheFlow’s market-leading appliances and innovative content delivery technologies enable enterprises, service providers and content delivery network providers to deliver the right content to the right place at the right time. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, in Europe CacheFlow can be contacted via telephone at 01276854100 , fax at 01276854109 or email at UKinfo@cacheflow.com
07801 487 987
Alia Ilyas/Zuzanna Pasierbinska
020 7494 6570
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Speed Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.