* Storage Virtualization for Mid-Range to Enterprise SANs
Raidtec Corporation, a leader in NAS and SAN Storage Networking, today announced the availability of its SAN Virtualization Appliance, SNAZ SVA, for mid-range to enterprise SANs.
Storage virtualization is an innovative technology that dramatically changes the way storage is deployed, used and managed. Virtualization allows heterogeneous servers to share a variety of storage devices transparently. SNAZ SVA connects to the SAN and presents all attached storage as one or more global storage pools. It allows any number of volumes to be created, expanded, assigned and replicated to any number of hosts. The asymmetric (out of the data path) storage virtualization architecture of SNAZ SVA provides a central storage management point, while data is directly transferred between the host computer and storage devices, thus facilitating truly heterogeneous SANs.
“The key drawbacks to symmetric (in the data path) storage virtualization architectures are the limits on performance and scalability, requiring more costly hardware resources and higher switch port counts to allow comparable levels of performance and redundancy to asymmetric storage virtualization approaches,” stated Noel May, CEO, Raidtec Corporation. “SNAZ SVA provides scalability, higher performance, lower cost and increased reliability and security.”
SNAZ SVA facilitates storage consolidation, disaster recovery management, online backup and clustering capabilities. It is ideally suited for corporate database, call centre, online transaction processing, real-time systems, enterprise B2B, ISP, ASP and almost any enterprise computing environment.
Key features of SNAZ SVA include:
* SAN manageability - Simplifies storage management through an intuitive web-accessible GUI
* Interoperability and sharing - Volumes can be allocated to multiple servers enabling shared storage, using interoperable cluster management software, SAN file systems and distributed database managers
* SAN scalability - SNAZ SVA enables almost unlimited growth in storage capacity, I/O performance and bandwidth
* High performance - Direct data transfer between servers and storage ensures the highest level of performance and scalability
* Data replication & snapshot - Optional SVA InstaView offers data replication and snapshot functionality
* Definable classes of service - Each volume or storage pool can be configured for performance level, scalability, redundancy and replication
* Backup functionality - Command Line Interfaces (CLIs) are included for server free and LAN free backup
SVA InstaView™ is optional Snapshot software available with SNAZ SVA. SVA InstaView provides point-in-time volume imaging and presents a virtually unlimited number of views of the data. Each view can be individually allocated, on a read/write basis, to any server. Data replication and data rollback are also offered as part of SVA InstaView functionality.
“The amount of data used by a company and its dependency on this data is increasing rapidly, creating the need to perform more frequent backup of more data in less time, requiring new techniques to protect the data from software or human error. SVA InstaView can be used for replication and migration of data to allow for non-interruptive online backup strategies and enterprise disaster planning and recovery,” said Johnny Cardosi, President of Raidtec Corporation.
Key benefits of SVA InstaView include:
* Backup and restore operations can be completed, from the on-line application viewpoint, in seconds rather than hours. Tape backup can be accomplished off-line
* There is no need to replicate data for each view, saving significant amount of storage
* Ability to maintain several versions of data
* Ability to run several applications in parallel, using the same data
* Ability to create a view of the data at any specific time for later use
The above topics are further expanded upon in a series of Raidtec white papers on storage virtualization, and are available on request.
Suggested Retail Price: from ,000, depending on capacity
About Raidtec Corporation
Raidtec Corporation, founded in 1992, is a leading Storage Networking technology designer and manufacturer. By owning its own IP, Raidtec has the distinct ability to react quickly and aggressively to take advantage of market changes and opportunities. Raidtec products are available through Distributors, System Integrators, and VARs in over 45 countries worldwide.
For more information, please contact Raidtec Corporation in the US at 1-888-724-3910 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, in Europe at +(353) (21) 4353-440 or by e-mail at email@example.com or via the World Wide Web at http://www.raidtec.com
For further press information contact:
Nicola Garrett, Golin/Harris International
Tel: 0207 898 3427
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Golin-Harris International (London) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.