LXN4000 Delivers Non-stop Operation, Performance and Capacity in a Tape Library
Overland Data, Inc, the market leader in mid-range tape automation solutions, has introduced the newest member of its non-stop Neo™ series tape library the LXN4000.
LXN4000 establishes new benchmarks in modular tape library design and high availability in tape automation. By supplying up to 24 TB of capacity, enterprise performance and an advanced feature set, Neo is the ideal solution for both large and small operating environments. The 10U-high LXN4000 tape library base module supports up to four drives and up to 52 media slots. When configured with four modules, each multi-module library system operates as a single virtual library and may be provided with either DLT8000 or Super DLTtape drives for optimal compatibility, performance, and capacity up to 24 TB.
Overland’s LXN4000 Neo series library stands apart from other libraries in several critical areas:
· Non-stop operation - LXN4000’s modular architecture eliminates the likelihood of having a single point of failure. Similar to the separate drive spindles in a RAID disk array, Neo’s modular architecture provides separate robotics for each library module that form a multi-module Neo series system. Its unique module level fail-over capability virtually assures users of continuing library operation - no matter what! As a result, LXN4000 brings all the advantages of enterprise-level tape storage, including non-stop operation, redundancy and increased connectivity options to applications of any size, as it can be incrementally scaled to match application requirements.
· Investment protection - The scalability of LXN4000 is unrivaled. Companies can buy only what they need now in terms of storage capacity. The LXN4000’s modular architecture can grow with them, offering a seamless transition to additional storage and performance, while providing a lower total cost of ownership and greater flexibility than traditional monolithic systems. As interface needs change, Neo’s architecture supports migration to fibre channel and other emerging technologies, with the simple change of a PCI-based adapter card.
· Ease of administration - Overland’s WebTLCTM (Total Library Control) comes standard with LXN4000 and allows system administrators to both monitor and control Overland libraries from anywhere around the globe by simply logging securely, onto the Web via any browser. Details of system status or suspected problems can be automatically communicated via pager or email to designated system managers. With SNMP support, Web TLC can be integrated into most standard management consoles.
· LiveSwap™ drive technology - LiveSwap technology represents another important Neo distinction. LiveSwap enables tape drives to be removed or added without powering down or re-inventorying the entire system, even during adjacent backup activities. In addition, as businesses evolve, storage and tape library needs will likely change. LXN4000 offers full backwards-compatibility with legacy technologies, enabling ‘mixing and matching’ of DLT and Super DLT media.
Additional Neo values include:
· The Virtual Interface Architecture bays permit flexible connection to all types of SCSI, fibre channel and a variety of future interfaces.
· System selectable 1-2 Gb/s Fibre Channel SAN direct connect option with full “serverless backup” support
Overland products are backed by the companys innovative Guaranteed Up Time Service (GUTS™) warranty program ensuring 99% uptime performance, the only guarantee of its kind in the industry. Neo also comes with Overlands standard three-year factory warranty.
Volume production of the LXN4000 is planned for Q1 2002.
Overland Data, Inc. (NASDAQ: OVRL) is a global supplier of innovative data storage and storage automation solutions for computer networks. The Company’s reputation for delivering high availability products, as well as its award-winning SmartScale Storage® architecture which set the standard for intelligent automated storage and scalability, has established Overland as a leader in the mid-range tape automation market. Overland sells its products worldwide through leading OEMs, commercial distributors, storage integrators and value-added resellers.
Overland Data (Europe) Ltd.
+44 (0) 1189 898022
Paul Shlackman/Alex Murphy
Strategic Alliance International
+44 (0) 1494 434434
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Strategic Public Relations Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.