...Tight Integration with Transformation Server Increases Flow of Enterprise Information...
DataMirror Corporation (Nasdaq: DMCX; TSE: DMC), a leading provider of enterprise application integration and resiliency solutions, today announced an enhanced version of Constellar Hub, the Company’s Oracle-based enterprise application integration solution. Constellar Hub Version 3.6 now includes breakthrough connectivity with Transformation Server, DataMirror’s real-time solution for integrating data across multiple platforms and databases. By leveraging Transformation Server’s unique capture, transform and flow data integration capabilities, businesses gain increased application connectivity for loading critical business data directly into Constellar Hub. This and other new features in Constellar Hub 3.6 are designed specifically to help businesses increase the efficiency of their IT infrastructures to accelerate revenue growth and increase cost savings across the enterprise.
“By broadening Constellar Hub’s application connectivity and boosting the flow of critical business data via Transformation Server’s real-time integration capabilities, business leaders can make more informed business decisions much faster,” said John Vandermay, Vice President, Development, DataMirror Corporation. “Constellar Hub can be adapted to any configuration, which empowers companies to leverage their legacy systems and future-proof their IT environments against ongoing changes in technology. The combination of the powerful transformational capabilities of Constellar Hub and the extremely fast integration capacity of Transformation Server provide Oracle-based businesses with an EAI solution that will help them achieve their business goals.”
New features and real-world business benefits include scalability, extensibility and enhanced integration support:
· Full Support for Oracle 9i — DataMirror Constellar Hub now offers full support for all Oracle database versions including the latest version Oracle 9i.
· Enhanced User Interface ¾ Constellar Hub client interfaces have been enhanced and simplified for increased ease-of-use and an overall simplified view of meta data and transformation-related information via Constellar Hub’s Meta Data Manager and the Transformation Manager. Constellar Hub’s fully configured user interface eases administration and configuration and allows for fast systems monitoring and transformation manipulation.
· Enhanced Integration with Transformation Server ¾ Constellar Hub customers gain the benefits of real-time data flows from their critical databases and Transformation Server customers can capitalize on Constellar Hub strengths such as message queue processing, high volume data transformation and pre-built application interfaces for PeopleSoft, Oracle Applications and SAP.
· Concurrent Extract ¾ Constellar Hub Version 3.6 can perform concurrent extractions and transformations on multiple source entities without having to single thread through each source entity. The enhancements provide a significant improvement in data delivery and new execution schemes, without taxing overhead routines thereby dramatically accelerating data transformation and reducing overall data latency.
· Enhanced Transformation Business Rules ¾ Constellar Hub 3.6 includes enhanced Transformation Definition Language (TDL) support, allowing customers to write business rules in an efficient and open-structured manner so they can configure their integration environment in a flexible manner. Constellar Hub’s TDL features enable direct support for table lookup without the need for embedded PL/SQL statements. Customers can also specify the order in which the attribute rules are executed to provide additional control over data transformation rules.
About Constellar Hub
DataMirror Constellar Hub is an Oracle-based enterprise application integration tool that enables the movement, transformation and integration of data between heterogeneous environments. With Constellar Hub, organizations have the power to rapidly integrate a broad range of applications. The solution includes pre-built connectivity for IBM MQSeries, PeopleSoft, Oracle Applications and SAP. Extensible and scalable, Constellar Hub takes advantage of a “hub & spoke” architecture to provide a single point of contact for all data sources and applications resulting in greater control and lower administration costs for the user. Constellar Hub integrates all application and data components to form a fully functional, powerful, data-rich infrastructure which ensures businesses critical data is accessible and available where and when it is needed.
About DataMirror Corporation
DataMirror (Nasdaq: DMCX; TSE: DMC) delivers solutions that let customers integrate data across their enterprises. DataMirror's comprehensive family of products unlocks the experience of now™ by providing advanced real-time capture, transform and flow (CTF) technology that gives customers the instant data access, integration and availability they demand today across all computers in their business.
Over 1,500 companies use DataMirror to integrate their data. Real-time data drives all business. DataMirror is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and has offices worldwide. DataMirror has been ranked in the Deloitte and Touche Fast 500 as one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America.
For more information, call 1-800-362-5955 or visit the DataMirror web site at http://www.datamirror.com
Media and Financial Contacts:
Chris Measures/Sarra Mander
Phone: 0207 494 6570
Director of Marketing
Phone: 001 800-362-5955 ext. 274
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Forward-looking statements in this press release, including statements regarding DataMirror Corporation's business which are not historical facts, are made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements include statements of plans, objectives, strategies and expectations. The words "anticipate", "believe", "estimate" and "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Numerous important factors affect DataMirror's operating results and could cause DataMirror's actual results to differ materially from the results indicated by this press release or by any forward-looking statements made by, or on behalf of, DataMirror, and there can be no assurance that future results will meet expectations, estimates or projections. These factors include, but are not l!
imited to, the following: variability of quarterly operating results; dependence upon on the continued growth and success of DataMirror's software products; competition; rapid technological change and new product introductions; dependence upon continued growth in the database and enterprise data integration markets; dependence upon relationships with complementary vendors and distribution channels; the ability to recruit and retain key personnel; risks of international operations, including currency exchange rate fluctuations and global economic conditions; possible software errors or defects; possible infringement claims by third parties; and other factors discussed in the Company's Annual Information Form and other periodic filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual r!
esults may vary materially from those indicated in any forward-looking statements. The Company disclaims and does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Copyright 2001 DataMirror Corporation. All rights reserved. DataMirror, Constellar Hub, Transformation Server and The experience of now are trademarks or registered trademarks of DataMirror Corporation. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Speed Communications in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.