New Enhancements for Real-Time Information Delivery Increase
Wide-Scale Deployment and Rapid ROI
Information Builders, a leader in Business Intelligence solutions for real-time information delivery over the Web, has announced the latest version of WebFOCUS. The new version (4.3.6) adds several notable features designed to increase wide-scale deployment and rapid return on investment (ROI).
The current business climate mandates that technology address business initiatives that immediately impact bottom-line results and deliver immediate return on investment.
While historically relegated to back-office analysis by specialised analysts and power users, Business Intelligence solutions now need to leverage Web technology to address wide-scale information delivery. Information Builders, with its WebFOCUS suite of products, is leading this transformation.
“Our customers are dramatically increasing revenues and decreasing operational costs by applying WebFOCUS to deliver and share information relating to performance, business process, and customer relations”, states Gerald Cohen, President and Co-founder of Information Builders. “One area where we see a dominant trend is in the supply, distribution and service chains. Leading organisations like Ford and FedEx are using WebFOCUS applications to directly share information and analytical functions with suppliers, dealers, and agents.”
The latest version of WebFOCUS exploits Internet technology in five key areas – usability, broad delivery capabilities, rapid time-to-market, scalability, and architecture built on Web technologies.
This new release offers two enhanced features designed to increase the users’ ability to interact with information, thus applying information directly to business tasks.
- Knowledge Mapping offers a new paradigm for analysis enabling users to move beyond simple drill-downs into an entirely different mechanism of inquiry and analysis – unlike -traditional BI environments, which involve sorting, summarising, and drilling down from summary-level to detail-level information within a business function like sales or accounting. Knowledge Mapping extends drilling functionality to other data systems and information sources. This allows users to solve problems, resolve issues, and make decisions more quickly.
- The new Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) capabilities built into WebFOCUS allow for real-time embedded functionality within a report. This integration allows user function to scale, as needs transition from simple reporting to more sophisticated analysis. OLAP analysis can now be performed against any type of database, including relational, multi-dimensional, and legacy.
Broad Delivery Capabilities
Three new offerings expand WebFOCUS’ capability for personalised, secure access to Business Intelligence content. These solutions control costs and improve efficiency delivering more information to more people.
- User Administration Services allows users to quickly integrate WebFOCUS reports into any existing or new Web-based application. Through a simple API a developer can immediately take advantage of our secure information delivery infrastructure for managing report definitions and security integration. This new option includes the introduction of role-based security, providing control and customisation of users and workgroups in widely deployed applications.
- Business Intelligence Dashboard offers WebFOCUS users simplified report navigation. A customisable BI portal interface allows users to personalise the WebFOCUS environment.
- Open Application Services integrates WebFOCUS with industry-leading enterprise information portals – Plumtree, SharePoint, WebSphere, and Epicentric.
WebFOCUS expands its development capabilities by providing faster deployment of BI applications through a fully integrated tool for both developing and administering information delivery applications.
- Developer Studio enables the WebFOCUS developer to quickly define, code, and deploy an application through a completely graphical user interface (GUI) supporting all phases of the development cycle. Developer Studio also contains capabilities to define user personalisation and securely administers broadly deployed BI applications through any of the deployment capabilities of WebFOCUS.
WebFOCUS enhances its reputation of superior scalability.
- WebFOCUS Services for Java™ Environments makes it possible to deploy to more people at a lower per-user cost:
- Adheres to Java industry standards
- Enables WebFOCUS to major application servers on the market – WebSphere, WebLogic, iPlanet, and IIS ServletExec
- Easily supports multiple servers
Architecture Built on Web Technologies
WebFOCUS was developed on Internet technology, providing information in the most usable formats, increasing the value of information for the user while saving money.
- Internal Cascading Stylesheets meets industry standards, improving styling features and performance for BI applications.
- Enables multiple PDF reports to be combined into single PDF file.
- Automatically generates Dynamic HTML Table of Contents to enhance navigation and report viewing.
- Integrated use of XML enables users to share information across different applications and areas of analysis.
“The reason WebFOCUS is the leading solution for wide-scale information delivery is because it is virtually built by our customers,” according to Jim Irving, UK Managing Director of Information Builders. “The added features in this new version have been designed with direct input from leading-edge customers including Sony, AllState, JP Morgan Chase, US Bank, and State Street Bank.”
About Information Builders
Information Builders is the leader in business intelligence, specialising in real-time information delivery over the Web. Headquartered in New York, Information Builders helps companies and government organisations improve their mission-critical operations by transforming data into usable information and delivering it to employees, managers, partners, and customers through the Internet. With the award-winning WebFOCUS solution, Information Builders delivers information for more than 11,000 global customer sites, including most of the Fortune 100 and all U.S. government agencies. The company employs 2,000 professionals worldwide and generated revenues exceeding 0 million in 2000. For more information, visit www.informationbuilders.com.
For further information contact:
Sonia Panchal/Magdalen Bush
Key Communications Donna Land
Tel: 020 7580 0222 Information Builders
Fax: 020 5580 0333 Tel: 020 8982 4700
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email: email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Citigate Communications (London) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.