FLEXlm Version 8 and GTlicensing Version 3.6 available Immediately to ISVs Worldwide
SUNNYVALE, California—(BUSINESS WIRE) January 10, 2002—Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN), a world leader in Digital Rights Management technologies, announced today that its GLOBEtrotter Software Division has released new versions of FLEXlm®, the de facto standard for Electronic License Management, and GTlicensing™, its Electronic License Distribution application which is fully compatible with FLEXlm. These two releases enhance GLOBEtrotter’s electronic licensing ecosystem and provide vendors and end users alike with more options for configuring, delivering, and managing electronic licenses for application software products.
FLEXlm Version 8
FLEXlm, licensed to over 2,500 ISVs worldwide, has been enhanced to include new features and provide improved performance. Some of the new and improved features of FLEXlm Version 8 are:
· Borrowing - allows users to take a license from a pool of available licenses, leave the network and work remotely.
· Multithreaded heartbeat – reduces application complexity for UNIX application developers.
· Re-reading of Options files – allows the user of a FLEXlm-enabled application to update various licensing options without license server downtime.
· Full support for 8 bit character sets – allows user names and other text to include all ISO Latin characters.
GTlicensing Version 3.6
GTlicensing provides software vendors with extensive capabilities to configure, deliver and manage electronic licenses. It is a companion product to FLEXlm, and provides an enterprise-class solution to support a wide range of licensing functions. In particular, it provides for automatic generation and distribution of licenses over the Internet, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Version 3.6 has been upgraded to fully support the enhanced functionality of FLEXlm Version 8.
GTlicensing Version 3.6 also contains a number of new features, which include:
· Easier generation of multiple licenses in a single transaction.
· Automatic email capability for customer communication.
· Re-hosting capabilities that allow end users to move licensed applications to different computers. This new capability helps software vendors control the number of times their customers can change computers, while making it simple for customers to do so at any time over the Internet.
· Easy integration with back office systems, allowing GTlicensing to operate in an automatic mode driven by orders from those systems.
· Enhanced web interface, which provides vendors with greater flexibility in the customization of the end user experience.
“Software developers and their customers worldwide depend on FLEXlm, the flexible license manager, to manage software licensing and distribution policies on some of world's largest wide area and local area networks,” said Mark Belinsky, GLOBEtrotter’s senior vice president and general manager. Belinsky added, “The availability of these new versions of FLEXlm and GTlicensing continues our commitment to providing vendors and users alike the most advanced electronic licensing technology in the industry.”
Macrovision develops and markets electronic license management, rights management and copy protection technologies for the enterprise software, consumer interactive software, home video and music markets. Macrovision has its corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale, California, with European headquarters in London and Asia-Pacific headquarters in Tokyo.
The GLOBEtrotter Software division provides FLEXlm electronic license management (ELM) and GTlicensing™ electronic license distribution (ELD) solutions to independent software vendors (ISVs), as well as the SAMsolutions software asset management tools for business applications. These products are in use by over 2,500 ISV customers and over 600 large enterprise end users throughout the world.
GLOBEtrotter, FLEXlm and GTlicensing are registered trademarks or trademarks of GLOBEtrotter Software and Macrovision Corporation. UNIX is a registered trademark in the United States and other countries, licensed exclusively through X/Open Company, Ltd. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Note to Editors: Additional background information on GLOBEtrotter and its products can be obtained from our Web Site at www.GLOBEtrotter.com. For more information on Macrovision Corporation and its other products, see www.macrovision.com.
This press release may contain “forward-looking” statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. A number of factors could cause Macrovision’s actual results to differ from anticipated results expressed in such forward-looking statements. Such factors are addressed in Macrovision’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (available at http://www.sec.gov) Macrovision assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
Nancy Robbins, phone +1 (408) 790-5474, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Mehlman, phone +44(0)1928-579789, email: email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Macrovision UK Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.