Carrier-Ready Solution Integrates Best-of-Breed Applications and Technologies for Fast Deployment of Advanced Speech Services
NMS Communications (NASDAQ: NMSS), the leading supplier of technology for tomorrow's networks, today announced the availability of NMS HearSay, the first open and complete solution that enables wireless operators worldwide to voice-empower communication services. NMS HearSay merges telecom mobility with the content-rich Internet and brings together applications and technology from leading suppliers, giving wireless operators new and essential capabilities for rapidly and cost-effectively deploying customised, innovative voice-driven services. Some of the most important services are voice-activated dialing, personalised voice portals, short message services, unified messaging, chat and conferencing - all of which can be deployed in today's networks and operate in the packet-based networks of the future.
NMS HearSay represents an entirely new class of solution - a whole, comprehensive solution for wireless operators - that integrates emerging voice-enabled applications and speech technology creating value by reducing complexity, sales cycles and time to market. NMS HearSay will increase customer loyalty and deliver the next wave of revenue-generating value-added services quickly and cost-effectively.
NMS HearSay: An Open, Complete, Ready-to-Deploy Solution:
A complete, open offering for wireless operators seeking to get to market quickly with high-margin services, NMS HearSay includes:
• Best-of-Breed Applications - Key partnerships with industry leading applications providers enable NMS to provide proven, voice-empowered applications and services within NMS HearSay. The solution's ability to work with multiple automatic speech recognition (ASR) and text-to-speech (TTS) products enables global coverage and multiple language support.
• High capacity, scalability and reliability - A distributed rack-mounted architecture provides a highly scalable environment that allows wireless operators to expand from small trial deployments to full-scale rollouts supporting millions of subscribers. The NMS HearSay design features carrier-level reliability and is NEBS Level 3 compliant. Built to meet carrier-grade requirements, the system is based on Netra 20 and Netra CT servers, SPARC technology and the Solaris operating environment from Sun Microsystems, Inc.
• Network versatility - The NMS HearSay product bridges the gap between today's telecom network and the packet-based networks of the future. NMS HearSay is designed to support a wireless carrier's existing infrastructure, and can be configured to handle PSTN (SS7) or IP connections.
• Easy manageability - An integrated operations, administration, maintenance and provisioning (OAM&P) server provides configuration, performance, monitoring and service provisioning tools.
An integrated database server manages services and subscriber information. The system's open architecture readily ties into existing operations support system (OSS) and business support system (BSS) interfaces.
• Customisation, integration and support - In addition to 24/7 global support, NMS offers professional services for installation, setup, customization of grammar, application tuning, billing and operations system integration.
The NMS HearSay solution is available today.
"The 'whole-solution' approach of NMS HearSay gives wireless carriers all the latest, essential technology, integrated with critical applications that are ready to deploy, and is easily customizable to allow them to differentiate their services in the way that best fits their business requirements," said Brian Demers, vice president and general manager, Network Solutions at NMS. "We believe this will
be an enormous success with wireless operators worldwide."
Introduction Welcomed by Leaders in Carrier-Grade, Voice-Driven Technology and Applications
Application Providers Like What They Hear
"Oracle is pleased to work with NMS to enable carrier customers to take advantage of the wireless capabilities of Oracle9i Application Server in conjunction with NMS' flexible voice gateway technology, providing their customers with access to advanced voice services," said Denise Lahey, senior vice president of Oracle's mobile products and services division.
"With the ability to support multiple applications and networks, NMS HearSay lets wireless operators retain control and flexibility by keeping pace with changing wireless market requirements and customer preferences ," said Krishnamurty Kambhampati, president and CEO of uReach Technologies, an innovative provider of unified communications solutions. "Because it brings together applications, media services and speech into one system, NMS' carrier-grade platform is an ideal environment for deploying uReach's speech-enabled unified communications applications."
Speech Technology Leaders Applaud the Innovations:
"The debut of NMS HearSay is a welcome development. Once again, NMS takes a leading position in providing complete, ready-to-run systems for wireless operators," said Ron Croen, president and CEO of Nuance, a leader in speech recognition, voice authentication, text-to-speech and voice-browsing products. "And NMS HearSay will certainly make it easy for wireless operators to implement speech recognition in their networks."
"NMS HearSay is an excellent platform for innovative speech services that will drive new revenue streams for wireless operators and benefit from NMS' worldwide presence and long-standing partnerships with industry leaders," said Stuart Patterson, CEO of SpeechWorks International, the global leader in speech recognition and text-to-speech (TTS) technologies and services.
Technology Partners Believe in 'Whole Solution' Approach:
"NMS will play an important role in the market with its comprehensive system in enabling voice-activated applications on the open SPARC Solaris platform," said Pat Deagman, vice president and general manager of Sun's Network Equipment Provider Group. "Sun's Netra systems, that wireless operators around the world know and trust, help enable NMS to deliver carrier-grade, NEBS-certified reliability and uptime to wireless operators. This sets the stage for voice-driven services to become more pervasive among mobile subscribers."
About NMS Communications:
NMS Communications (NASDAQ: NMSS) designs, delivers and supports technology-leading systems and platforms for the most innovative voice, video and data services on wireless and wireline networks. NMS products and services help the world's top communications equipment suppliers, solution developers and wireless operators bring their applications and services to market faster and at lower costs.
Headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, and with offices around the world, NMS has a rich history of technology innovations that advance the growth of the global communications industry. These achievements include the world's first complete open IP gateway and the first complete open packet media server. Visit www.nmscommunications.com for more information.
Click on the link below to see this news release as it appears on the Brodeur
News Room website and obtain full contact details.
Click the link below to login and update your company and subject preferences,
or personal details.
Click on the link below to have your login details re-sent to you.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Pleon in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.