New system to deliver increased ARPU for European service providers
3GSM Congress, Cannes, France, 19th February 2002 – elata, the innovative new generation mobile software specialist, has announced the release of elata senses, its new service delivery and subscriber management platform. A world first system, elata senses enables mobile service providers to increase their incremental revenue from mobile services and applications.
European service providers will move away from historic acquisition-based business models during 2002 towards increasing their Average Revenue Per User (ARPU). Their ability to launch new 2.5 and 3G services, precisely target them to provide a personalised subscriber experience, and manage that experience to reduce subscriber turnover, rests on sophisticated service delivery and subscriber management technology.
elata senses equips mobile service providers to bridge the biggest gap in the market – accruing greater revenue from their existing subscriber base, and thereby providing cash flow to control 3G licence and network infrastructure costs. elata senses meets mobile service providers’ ARPU objectives in several key ways:
· Giving service providers the technology to launch and target the new services their businesses will depend on. elata senses delivers any service or application type, including J2ME, to any mobile device using the most advanced subscriber profiling and management system in the industry
· In addition to services delivered by the mobile service provider, elata senses also allows subscribers to choose and request their own services from either a web portal or direct from their mobile device. elata senses profiles the services each subscriber has on their handset, and from their transaction history, which new services they may be interested in
· Equipping service providers to form communities of subscribers to trial new services and to target marketing campaigns effectively and accurately. elata senses provides a variety of easily customised service usage metrics indicating which services are popular
· Enables service providers to target certain subscribers or subscriber groups with new service propositions that their profile shows they will be interested in
· Updates subscriber profiles instantly. elata senses keeps service profiles fresh at all times, meaning subscribers will never be offered a service they don’t want or are unlikely to be interested in
Bruce Jackson, Chief Technology Officer of elata said: “Ramping up revenue from existing users is an issue that Europe’s service providers have been aware of for some time, but few have made any real headway in addressing. Our new elata senses technology enables service providers to bridge the user revenue gap, by allowing the delivery of any service, including wireless Java and messaging services, to any wireless device in an accurate, efficient and carefully-managed way. When you add to this its ability to deliver very high levels of personalisation by enabling intelligent, targeted marketing and empowering subscribers to tailor their own service packages – you have a highly attractive proposition for both service-hungry subscribers and revenue-starved providers.”
In recent months, elata has been successfully trialling an earlier version of its elata senses platform with a number of mobile service providers and partners across Europe. The new upgraded platform, which is being launched at 3GSM, Cannes is based on the dynamic Java 2 platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) framework, giving a greater level of scalability and openness when integrating into the service provider’s Operational Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS) workflows, especially billing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
The subscriber management component of the system is rules-based and allows service providers to manage their subscriber base in real time, through simple Web-based management interfaces. It also provides automatic subscriber profile modelling, giving a snapshot of each subscriber or subscriber group, their mobile devices and services, for planning new marketing campaigns or the introduction of new services. elata senses further provides a flexible application publishing tool for the management of third party revenue relationships and the addition of new third party applications to the service provider’s portfolio.
- ENDS -
To arrange a briefing and demonstration of elata’s new technology, either at 3GSM Cannes or in the UK, please contact Claire Smither or Sarah Griffiths at Nelson Bostock Communications on +44 (0) 207 229 4400.
- ENDS -
elata has been developing Java software solutions since 1996 and has created elata senses to address the new generation needs of the mobile service provider. Platform and device independent, elata senses enables the service provider to:
· Manage and model the subscriber base to enable targeting and personalisation of services
· Deliver all services and applications to all mobile devices from WAP and Java phones to 3G handsets and PDAs
· Manage all types of mobile devices and deliver services in the correct format for the device OS
· Administer the portfolio of services and applications from third party providers
· Integrate with legacy systems, linking seamlessly to billing, CRM and fault systems
· Enable subscribers to select services for their device and manage their personal profile
elata senses offers carrier class scalability and fully integrates into an end-to-end OSS/BSS system. Whether delivering targeted services or managing the mobile desktop, elata senses removes the complexities of modern data delivery and management and sets a clear migration path to third generation technologies and beyond.
Visit the website at http://www.elata.com
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1202 207 407
Mobile: +44 (0) 7771 852 650
Nelson Bostock Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7229 4400
Mobile: +44 (0) 07747 618 825
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Nelson Bostock Unlimited in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.