Gradumates, the new, free-to-use reunion website for former college and university students, has teamed up with telegraph.co.uk – Britain’s first national online newspaper.
The package agreed will see telegraph.co.uk promoting Gradumates across the whole telegraph.co.uk network, through banner advertisements and via its regular e-mail newsletters. In exchange, the reunion site, launched in January, will integrate telegraph.co.uk channels into its website navigation.
“We are looking to provide an enhanced visiting experience for our users,” explains Gradumate’s Director Michael Duffy. “With it’s diverse and quality content, telegraph.co.uk’s network of channels provides a natural next step for our professional and intelligent audience, once they have finished looking for old friends.”
With over 5 million former graduates in the UK, Gradumates is aiming to recruit 10% of the potential market over the next eighteen months – some 500,000 users. The service offered by Gradumates is free and complements that provided by Friends Reunited, by specifically targeting the needs of its graduate base.
Said Christopher Lloyd, Head of jobs.telegraph.co.uk: “Tracking down former friends and colleagues is becoming ever more popular, as the success of Friends Reunited has shown. We have a significant number of graduates within our 3 million unique user base and this link will provide them with the opportunity to find lost friends quickly and easily. Equally, new visitors to Gradumates will have the opportunity to sample the quality content provided by our network of channels.”
More commercial deals for Gradumate, including sponsorship for the site and special offers for members, are currently under discussion. The site is expected by its owners to be in profit by the summer through the sale of advertising and revenues from other commercial partners.
telegraph.co.uk currently delivers 37 million page impressions a month, with over 3.1 million monthly unique users. It is regarded within the industry and by users both in the UK and abroad as a key, in-depth and trustworthy online source of news and information.
- For further information regarding Gradumates (Click Thinking Limited) please contact Michael Duffy on 01704 548845, email firstname.lastname@example.org. or visit http://www.gradumates.co.uk
- For further information regarding telegraph.co.uk please contact Ceri Courtney on 020 7538 6309 or email email@example.com
- telegraph.co.uk was launched as Electronic Telegraph in 1994 and was the UK’s first national online newspaper. It has since launched new, commercially-driven channels – sport.telegraph.co.uk - winner of Website of the Year at 2001 British Press Awards - travel.telegraph.co.uk, money.telegraph.co.uk, shopping.telegraph.co.uk, jobs.telegraph.co.uk, motoring.telegraph.co.uk, news.telegraph.co.uk and the new home page telegraph.co.uk.
- telegraph.co.uk is wholly owned by Hollinger Telegraph New Media Limited (HTNM). HTNM is the online and digital arm (for the UK and Europe) of Telegraph Group Limited and Hollinger International Inc.
- HTNM was established in 1999 and aims to leverage the media expertise and content of the Hollinger group of companies, including Telegraph Group Limited.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Click Thinking Ltd in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.