e-InBusiness enables Aga to streamline new online store with in-house content management Wednesday 27 February 2002 PDF Print Aga-Rayburn Ltd, a division of the Aga Foodservice Group plc, has recently taken over the management of its new online store, thanks to e-InBusiness. The new e-commerce site at http://www.agacookshop.co.uk offers a wide range of accessories and cookware. The site was designed and built by e-InBusiness, using INTERSHOP software technology. The store features a collection of cast iron cookware, electrical appliances for the kitchen, textiles, kettles and knives. It features links to other sites within the Aga Foodservice Group of companies, as well as the Agalinks portal which features the very best of life on the net. The new store replaces an earlier generation Aga online store, built using bespoke software, rather than from a software package. Whilst the original site generated business, it required specialist maintenance from the original designers of the site, which was expensive and slow. When Aga-Rayburn acquired Cookcraft.com earlier this year, they were impressed by how easily their staff maintained their online product catalogue. That store had been built with INTERSHOP software. Nigel Farmer, Business Development Manager at Aga-Rayburn said, “The contrast between the two original online stores was huge. Although they both looked great, the Cookcraft site was much more dynamic because we were able to maintain it ourselves easily. This allowed us to be far more flexible in terms of introducing new product lines and running special offers in response to customer demand.” The AgaCookshop.co.uk site has become very popular, following concentrated promotional work. As Aga-Rayburn is committed to growing the online side of its business, the requirement for a flexible system was vital. Before choosing e-InBusiness to build the new site, Aga-Rayburn talked to several e-InBusiness clients. Nigel Farmer continued, “The new online store is easier to maintain because all content, like product details, pricing and special offers, is managed in-house by Aga-Rayburn. This makes the whole e-commerce operation very cost effective in the long run.” Michelle Robins, Managing Director of e-InBusiness commented, “We see many online stores that start out as bespoke developments, but ultimately the most flexible approach, and best value for money, is to have an online store based on tried and trusted technology, satisfying 80% of the business requirements with standard software. The remaining 20% can be added by e-InBusiness to give each online store its unique features and a personality that will attract customers.” -ends- About Aga-Rayburn Aga-Rayburn is part of the Aga Foodservice Group plc that also comprises Fired Earth, Agalinks, Leisure Consumer Products, Falcon Cooking Equipment, Williams Refrigeration, Mono Bakery Equipment, AFE Online and AFE Service. Known for manufacturing quality cast iron cooking and heating appliances, Aga-Rayburn products include the Aga cooker, Rayburn cookers and central heating cookers, the Aga Masterchef, cast iron cookware and a range of Coalbrookdale multi-solid fuel and gas-fired stoves. The company is based in Ketley in Telford, Shropshire About e-InBusiness e-InBusiness Limited is a specialist e-commerce system builder, based in High Wycombe. The company enables organisations across the UK to sell their products on-line through the Internet. Clients use e-commerce systems from e-InBusiness to sell to both consumers and to other businesses. e-InBusiness provides consultancy, web site design, software development, secure payment systems, reliable 24 x 7 hosting, training and support services. e-InBusiness is an accredited INTERSHOP partner. High profile customers include Heal’s, Ted Baker, ITV’s “Who wants to be a Millionaire?” and The London Dungeon. For more information visit: http//www.e-InBusiness.co.uk Or contact: Bob Grindley/Michelle Robins e-InBusiness Tel: 01494 614530 email: bob.grindley@e-InBusiness.co.uk Andreina West/Mary Phillips PR Artistry Ltd Tel: 01491 636191 email: firstname.lastname@example.org This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of PR Artistry in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.