Solution Leverages Leading ERP, CRM, SCM and Fulfilment Systems to Provide Organisations with Single Face to Customers and Business Partners
BRACKNELL, UK, (March 1, 2002) - Blue Martini Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLUE) today announced that it has enhanced the Blue Martini Integration Framework to provide retailers and manufacturers with flexible and low-cost integration to existing back-end business processes that span a broad range of enterprise applications, databases and legacy systems.
The new framework augments and extends the company's existing integration capabilities and built-in connectivity to leading enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM) and fulfilment systems and protocols, including:
* Legacy ERP and CRM systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP and Siebel;
* SCM and fulfilment systems such as Descartes, EXE Technologies, Industri-Matematik International (IMI), Manhattan Associates, Retek and Yantra;
* Payment and taxation systems such as CyberSource, Paymentplus, Paymentech, Taxware and Vertex;
* Online marketplace software such as Ariba and Commerce One.
"By extending our integration capabilities, we are giving our customers seamless access to their back-end systems, enabling them to provide valuable information directly to their end-customers and channel partners with significantly lower costs of integration," said Chip Overstreet, vice president of corporate marketing and business development at Blue Martini Software. "The framework enables our customers to present a single, unified view of key business information and processes that help streamline their marketing, sales and service offerings across all channels."
The Blue Martini Integration Framework has four key elements:
* Blue Martini Enterprise Integration Bus powered by TIBCO provides connectivity to enterprise applications and protocols, including Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA), Enterprise JavaBeans, eXtensible Mark-up Language (XML), file systems, HTTP/FTP, Java Message Service (JMS), J.D. Edwards One World, existing databases, Microsoft's Component Object Model (COM), Oracle Applications, PeopleSoft, SAP R/3, Siebel and the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).
* Blue Martini Enterprise Integration Adapters provide direct connections to
- IBM's MQSeries, the most widely used message oriented middleware in the market, enabling IT and organisational resources to exchange information across more than 35 different platforms, from mainframes to PCs;
- Java Message Service (JMS), the message service built-in to the Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)standard;
- SeeBeyond Inc.'s e*Way intelligent adapter (available directly from SeeBeyond), enabling Blue Martini to tie-in to SeeBeyond's integration framework;
- XML and SOAP, the enabling standards for web services-based integration using Internet protocols.
* Blue Martini Marketplace Adapters provide direct connections to popular online marketplaces powered by Ariba and Commerce One.
* Blue Martini Import/Export Tools provide the ability to schedule and execute batch imports and exports of both structured and unstructured data.
"Blue Martini Software enables companies to market and sell more effectively, both directly and through their global distribution channels with its new solution," said Murat Sonmez, senior vice president of marketing for TIBCO Software. "By extending its partnership with TIBCO, Blue Martini is helping companies to maximise their technology investments in ERP, CRM and supply chain management systems to streamline their sales and service efforts."
"Blue Martini Software provides the integrated multi-channel applications that we need to sell effectively and provide exceptional service to our customers," said Sue Dubman, vice president and CIO at Oncology Therapeutics Network (OTN). "We recently selected TIBCO to integrate our customer-facing applications with our back-end systems. The combination of Blue Martini Software and TIBCO enables us to rapidly roll out invoice and package tracking, ultimately delivering immediate value to our customers."
The Blue Martini Software integration capabilities are augmented by a strong partnership with IBM. Blue Martini has developed and deployed the Blue Martini Enterprise Integration Adapter for IBM MQSeries to enable customers to use IBM MQSeries as a foundation for the integration of systems and databases within the enterprise.
Using the Blue Martini Integration Framework, companies have successfully completed both batch and dynamic integrations with a wide range of external systems used at customer sites, including fulfilment, pricing, inventory, payment, tax, referral, Open Financial Exchange (OFX) and security systems. In addition, Blue Martini applications can both expose and access functions as web services using the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).
Availability and Pricing
The Blue Martini Integration Framework is currently available and priced by component. Pricing starts at US $50,000.
About Blue Martini Software
Blue Martini Software provides enterprise applications for marketing and selling profitably across all channels, including websites, wireless devices, email and physical stores. Blue Martini applications lower costs and increase revenue by automating business-to-business and consumer processes such as content and catalogue management, marketing, sales, channel enablement and customer service. Blue Martini Software serves global leaders in retail, manufacturing and consumer goods.
Blue Martini Software can be reached at +44 (0) 1344 742 825 or http://www.bluemartini.com
Note to editors: "Blue Martini" and "Blue Martini Software" are trademarks of Blue Martini Software, 2600 Campus Drive, San Mateo, CA 94403. Other product and company names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This news release regarding Blue Martini Software includes forward-looking statements that are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those referred to in the forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to: delays in the development or release of new applications or application enhancements by Blue Martini Software: customisation, deployment and/or operational delays or errors associated with Blue Martini Software's applications or those of third parties; and Blue Martini Software's need to maintain and enhance business relationships with systems integrators and other parties. Further details on these risks are set forth in Blue Martini Software's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including its filing on Form 10-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2001. These filings are available on a website maintained by the SEC at http://www.sec.gov . These forward-looking statements are generally identified by words such as "expect," "anticipate," "will," "intend," "believe," "hope," "assume," "estimate," "plan," "should," "designed to" and other similar words and expressions. Blue Martini Software does not undertake an obligation to update forward-looking statements.
Naomi Green/Natasha Grant
The Weber Group Europe
Tel: 020 7240 6189
Blue Martini Software
Tel: 01344 747499
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Golin in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.