Dateline: 11 March 2002 - Intelco Group plc., leading specialist in the design and implementation of IT supplier rental programmes, is today launching a new service for IT users. To be known as RentalDirect™, the new service provides access to the first rental only multi-supplier catalogue of IT system solutions. RentalDirect™ is aimed at providing users with a complete portfolio of rentable products, allowing them to have organisation wide rental strategies.
At launch, RentalDirect™ has over 60 IT software and hardware products, mainly complete application solutions. By the end of 2002, it is planned to have over 200 products from over 50 suppliers.
In many cases, the selected suppliers specialise in particular market sectors. Initially, the RentalDirect™ focus is in areas where rental, as opposed to purchase, is a preferred way of paying for IT resources. These include Local Government, Health and Education sectors.
Commenting on the new initiative, Michael Stephenson, Chairman of Intelco states “In such a volatile industry as IT, where development is daily introducing new and better solutions for user organisations, ownership has become a corporate liability. Rental allows users the freedom to exploit the use of the best available technologies.
“Our intention with RentalDirect™ is to develop a one-stop-rental-shop in terms of IT hardware, software, networking and communications equipment. Initially, there will be gaps in our offerings, but as users needs identify these gaps, we’ll fill them “.
Intelco’s customers span all sectors of business, commerce, local and central government. To date, its expertise has been focused on developing rental plans for its supplier clients' IT products. Initially, such plans covered mainly hardware, but software and complete application solutions, including training and support, have become central to Intelco's core business.
The RentalDirect™ operational staff have IT backgrounds plus extensive experience of rental optimisation and the latest legal and accounting practices to provide users with fully rounded help and advice.
“In a recent user survey, we found complaints that many suppliers with attractive products did not offer rental options. It also showed that it was impossible to discover which suppliers had products available on rental.” Adds Stephenson. “With RentalDirect™, we are opening a new channel to market, that directly addresses these issues”.
The RentalDirect™ site maintains a catalogue of rental products and their suppliers. Through this catalogue, a user may browse the many products available and access detailed information where required directly from suppliers' web sites. RentalDirect™ will obtain the selected product and supply it to the user on a rental basis.
For further information
CH Business Development
Intelco Group plc
Note to Editor – some of the benefits rental has over purchase Benefits
· Rental users have the software and hardware when they need it - not when they can afford the capital or get through the budget approval process.
· Cash Flow is greatly improved with no capital payments and payments are from revenue budgets and at lower cost.
· Cost justification is easier and directly measurable. Savings v costs replaces ROI and payback calculations. Savings start from month 1 not sometime in the future.
· Greater flexibility is gained to change product at any time without balance sheet write offs or profit/loss impact.
· In times of budget stress, cash budgets can be made to acquire 3 or 4 times more product than purchase.
· The supplier remains directly involved as the provider of the product and its support. All warranties are directly from the supplier.
· In essence it's easy, economic, flexible, timely and directly involves the supplier.
RentalDirect™ provides additional benefits:
· Information to users about rentable software and hardware.
· All you need to know about IT rental
· Covers complete cycle, from first interest to supplier contact and subsequent rental.
· RentalDirect™ manages user enquiries to ensure quick efficient response at all times
· More users able to rent more products from more suppliers.
· Able to rent products from other suppliers not on RentalDirect™ database.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Corporate Habits(Zequel.co.uk) in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.