The Professional Contractors Group will hold two extra 'IR35 Toolkit' seminars at the New Connaught Rooms in London on 20 March to brief contractors, clients, agents and accountants on how to deal with the Government's IR35 tax legislation.
The additional seminars, at 2pm and 7pm, have been announced following the success of the PCG's ongoing road show seminars.
This month the seminars have stopped in Heathrow and Bristol, following the original sell-out London seminars in January.
Other dates for the road show seminars include: Aberdeen on 1 May and Edinburgh on 2 May 2002.
The seminars will provide contractors, and other parties involved with the contracting sector, with advice on deciding their status for P35 purposes, and will provide defence ammunition for those who need it based on case law and key insights into the workings of the Inland Revenue.
Key speakers are:
· Anne Redston, tax guru and author of the book IR35- Personal Service Companies;
· Kevin Miller, PCG Finance Director;
· Ben Chaplin, Qdos tax consultant; and
· Dave Smith, Accountax Consulting.
They will provide advice on:
· Preparation for P35
· Advice on completing the P35 form
· Contract issues
· Deciding IR35 status with certainty
· The key status issue of "Being in Business on your own account"
· Defending your decision
· Understanding the IR approach
· Mechanics of an IR visit
· Independent interpretation of the Revenue's status manuals
· Understanding case law and making it work for you
· Approaches to arguing a standard 'fail' letter
· Information for IR35 appeals
There will also be a full Question and Answer session with the panel.
Jane Akshar, PCG Chairman, said: "Many contractors sought professional advice in the run up to the first IR35 tax payments last April. What contractors and their advisors need in order to complete the P35 form in 2002 is access to the best possible, independent advice from those who have been involved in IR35 since it was announced in 1999- those people best placed to advise on contracts, status, Inland Revenue assertions and case law. The seminars will bring these experts together to provide invaluable information and advice to those businesses forced to operate under the legislation."
A PCG representative will also speak at the seminars about PCG strategy and the continuing efforts of the Group to represent members' interests across a growing range of issues.
Attendance is £135 per delegate. PCG members and associate members are entitled to a discounted rate of £85. Price includes VAT.
To make a booking for the 'IR35 Toolkit- Deciding and defending status' sessions please go to: http://www.shout99.com/contractors/showarticle.pl?id=11538
Or you can download and fill in a Booking Form:
http://www.shout99.com/contractors/media/seminar_booking_for... to post or fax back - please indicate which session you wish to attend, 2pm or 7pm:
A map of the New Connaught Rooms is here: http://www.newconnaughtrooms.co.uk/find.htm
Notes to Editors:
1. The Professional Contractors Group was formed in May 1999 to lobby against the Government's IR35 proposals. It is a non-party political group and its patrons are cross-bench peer, Lord Weatherill, former Speaker of the House of Commons; and industry guru Sir John Harvey-Jones. Since its formation it has evolved into the representative body for independent contractors from many disciplines including IT and engineering on many issues affecting the knowledge-based sector. It is the fastest growing trade association in the country and now has more than 14,000 members.
2. The PCG's aim is to work for proper recognition of independent contractors as a genuine and valuable sector of the economy, generating wealth and employment, providing industry with a flexible workforce. The Internet has been the primary resource for the Group, providing fast, effective communication.
3. For further information about the PCG: http://www.pcgroup.org.uk
4. The seminars are being run in conjunction with the news website for contractors, Shout99.com - http://www.shout99.com - and are open to readers, PCG members and non-members alike.
For media enquiries contact:
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Webtastic in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.